TRF Forums

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:19 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Husqvarna TE 310
PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 10:27 am 
300 cc

That's why I went back to 2 stroke, carbs are simple.

Ok if you have green injector that's good. It may have been done from new so hopefully had Ecu as well,

TPS and fuel maps can only be changed by main dealer with special lead and software.

By the sounds of it the TPS is out and the first zone of the map setting is too rich on the bottom end.
This will be the issue. If you were racing it you'd be on half to full throttle so this setting wouldn't matter but under 1/4 throttle it's in that map zone.
https://www.jdjetting.com/xcart/product ... =22&page=1

This plugs inline to injector and allows you to fiddle with fueling without actually changing the Ecu.

It's expensive as there is improper tax and shipping to pay as well.

Remove the tickover screw and clean that out as that's susceptible to crud.

Have a look on huskycafe or what ever it's called. Yanks had lots of issues (but they are wingers) but they were buying as trail bikes and then switching to full power mode without realising that invalidated warranty and required higher servicing.

I have a lambda sensor for my old one if you wanted to restrict it. Using the lambda sensor puts it in open circuit fi. It robs the power but constantly keeps fueling correct as it would have had a cat in the pipe originally.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by smokinrider on Tue Dec 27, 2016 12:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Husqvarna TE 310
PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 11:24 am 
80 cc

Absolutely, give me a carb any day.

Call me old fashioned but the amount of extra stuff FI needs :o on a bike surely a carb would made the bike lighter overall. Certainly more reliable given just basic maintenance......and this is supposed to be an X-lite...pah! :roll:

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 11:38 am 
80 cc

Thanks smokinrider. I'll take a look at the JD Jetting kit.

If I put the Lambda sensor back in (I have it) do I need to do anything else? I don't have any cat or 'restrictor?'.

I'll take a look at the tick over screw also.

Have been on the Cafe Husky site and read some of their posts. Not joined up though. Very good site, very jealous of some of there terrain and open spaces!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 12:09 pm 
300 cc

If I recall you unplug the resistor and plug back in the lambda. That puts it in open circuit mode and auto corrects fueling. There was a small cat for the exhaust and a plate to restrict the throttle opening, neither I guess make too much difference if left off.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 2:20 pm 
300 cc

Husqvarney.
Sadly I can't help you.
Mine was the red head with Keihin injection.
In my 3 years of ownership it was faultless (I know you don't want to hear that!).
Valve clearances are critical and I prefer loose to tight (I never adjusted mine as they stayed cock on).
I concur with the starter - it was reluctant to start in gear. I did have a little clutch drag though.
The bung for the lambda sensor has a tendency to fall out - I wired mine.

I have since defected to dirty horrible noisy smelly disgusting 2 stroke!

Mike

Sent from a little plastic block that's smarter than I am

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 4:09 pm 
300 cc

forgot to mention,
as its still an unknown, what ever you do, you need to make sure the TPS is calibrated. without doing this the ECU wont know the throttle opening is. If its been off and cleaned, ever, its probably out. don't know if in lambda mode it will auto calibrate itself, question for husky if they know! of course you could just try tweeking it one way or another and might get lucky. somewhere on huskycafe is a post about reading volts or resistance to get an idea if its off but I don't know how accurate this would be, or what you would do with the data gained?

Ive also recalled I set the butterfly not to close completely in the throttle body, cant remember why now (trawl through husky café, there was a post I'm sure) but it was something like to give it less engine braking as it was like riding a see saw. (first it rips your arms off on acceleration and shutting the throttle sends you over the bars.) this is when I found out that adjusting this cocks up the TPS and had it recalibrated to suit its new position.

bear in mind mine had the yellow 4 point injector and stock ecu for 2011.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 11:17 pm 
80 cc

Cheers,

The ecu is the TXC one so looks like someone has taken the trouble to do this at least with the green injector.

For the TPS sensor I'll have to find someone near me who can do the calibration check, I'm near Newport South Wales and someone said there's a place in Ledbury who know about Huskies. Might try there.

May well be that someone has unknowingly taken the throttle body off for cleaning as you say and not realised the effect.

It wouldn't start this afternoon to do an oil change so I'll have to find the cause of that first :o. started and warmed up fine when I cleaned on Tuesday :(

Many thanks

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 9:04 pm 
80 cc

Just to follow up, the difficulty starting led to the starter mounting flange being fractured. Seems a not uncommon fault. I think by either a backfire whilst e-starting or failure of the sprag clutch or both. Fortunately I noticed this straight away. Had I been out on the lanes I may have lost the oil as the starter right angle gear is oil fed from the engine.

Anyway the housing has been replaced as well as a new starter ring and worm gear, sprag clutch etc. All done by Dualsport Motorcycles' Paul who certainly new this model well (they used to be Husky dealers).

Paul then adjusted the TPS and sorted the auto decompressor and it's now considerably better. E-starting is easy and the idle is much more stable and as good as it's going to be for this model (according to Paul). It's now not running rich and pulls cleanly from idle. The fuel pump was checked by swapping for another tank and seems to be fine. A new plug was fitted, the old one seemed to be dodgy as a new one enabled Paul to get the bike started. He also noticed the battery wasn't the correct one. The correct one having more cranking amps.

A check of the ECU showed 131 hours (can only be downloaded with software and is not displayed on the dash on this model) not sure if this is from new or some time after. Anyway Paul checked the piston and gave it the all clear as he did initially suspect it due to being down on compression but this turned out to be the auto decompressor.

No stalling in a quick ride around the garden today. Saturday's ride around the Stroud area should tell if it's fully fixed. Certainly seems much better.

New bearings in the swing arm and linkage at the same time so I'm ready to roll.

Anyway thanks for all the advice. Looking forward to a couple of rideouts over Christmas and a trial on Boxing Day (not on the Husky ;) )

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 10:36 pm 
650 cc Monster

That bike is a real Diva ....

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 10:41 am 
300 cc

Do you have a workshop manual for the bike?? If not pm me your email and I'll send you a copy.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next