TRF Forums

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:55 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ] 
 Post subject: Groups meeting in North Peak District?
PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2015 11:10 am 
50 cc

I'm presently a non-member looking to see whether there is a group riding out regularly in my locale, Wortley, Sheffield. My usual runs out are to the North Peak District but only on black stuff to date. Just got a trail bike and looking to try my hand at some off-roading, novice-style. Want to join TRF but only if there's local meets for me. Thank you in advance.

Post subject: Re: Groups meeting in North Peak District?
PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2015 1:11 pm 
80 cc

Hello FatBob,

Looks like Derbyshire and South Yorkshire group is your closest. Details are on the front page of this TRF website.

Regards,

Rich P
High Peak and Potteries TRF

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2015 2:55 pm 
50 cc

Many thanks Rich. I'll look them up.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2015 2:58 pm 
650 cc Monster

Greetings FatBoB,

Welcome to you from the Manchester Group.

As a National Member you can join any of the Groups, not just the nearest geographically.

All of the Groups welcome riders to join them, if you ride regularly then I am sure that you would naturally be prepared to chip in a nominal amount towards their running costs. We at Manchester are happy for anybody to join our run outs, they are published on this Forum and are they are booked through our run organiser on a first come first served basis. The runs are often in the Peak District but we ride all over the country not just in our 'back yard' so to speak. We ask that riders comply with all highway legal aspects; ride with due consideration to the lanes; the other riders plus the multitude of other users we meet on the lanes. Our simple philosophy is that the countryside should be available to all considerate users.

If I might comment on semantics, we do not ride off road but use non tarmac covered roads. A small point but one that is very important to our Code Of Conduct to which all Members subscribe. If you want off road then you would need to join a Trials club or visit a private venue.

Hope to meet you out on the lanes soon ;)

TTFN

Hugh.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:52 pm 
50 cc

Thanks Hugh, non-tarmac covered roads is what I meant, I'm a little long in the tooth to learn all that motocross technique. Just out of interest, when you make your forays into the Peak, what's your typical starting point? My route into the Peak tends to take me over Woodhead, into Glossop then south through Chapel-en-le-frith. This part of the Peak is easier for me to get to than where the Derbyshire and South Yorkshire folk likely ride. I'm 15 mins from Glossop. Thanks for your help and patience.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2015 6:02 pm 
125cc

I would have thought you'd be better with the Manchester group, I've been out with them a couple of times and they started at Marple and were a great group. The rides posting to the forum makes it easy to get out.

I joined south Yorkshire but only went to one meeting and not got out with them so can't comment on that.

I'm other side of Sheffield to you but not been out much this year, planning to go out next month though.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2015 6:25 pm 
50 cc

Thanks BigPie, yes, Marple would work well for me. My TRF membership imminent.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2015 7:15 pm 
650 cc Monster

Manchester also have rides starting from Staleybridge, which might be easier and the occasional ride starting from Whalley Bridge.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2015 7:19 pm 
650 cc Monster

Yeah, we are the best group... Manifestly...

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ]