TRF Forums

It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 7:54 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: TRF Shop
PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 12:05 pm 
200 cc

For anyone who might be interested in getting hold of TRF gear, an update for you...

We have a new shop, it's open and live now:

http://www.trf.org.uk/shop

Earlier this year a conversation was started by members asking why our products were so expensive and hard to order. Our old shop supplier was a traditional printer that required bulk orders. Our new shop is supplied by a 'print on demand' service that means they only print what is ordered. Also, the new shop is proper online store - you can order and pay direct with no minimum order.

The TRF make no money from sales, we have withdrawn this option in order to keep prices as low as possible for members. It's more important that the TRF brand is out there being worn and members are able to show their support.

The design of the gear has been made to cover conservative to more progressive tastes. You might like some, you might hate some but hopefully there's something for you. If we are missing something let me know and I'll do my best to add it.

There's some stuff on there that's designed specifically to support groups who are putting on events - so you can easily identify who if part of the organising group. It's very easy to put your regional group name on the product.

If you have any questions drop me a line at greg@trf.org.uk

Enjoy your shopping.

:-)

G

Attachment:
Gilet-Artwork-Front-01.jpg
Gilet-Artwork-Front-01.jpg [ 21.04 KiB | Viewed 13263 times ]

Attachment:
Green-Road-Warrior-04-Blue.jpg
Green-Road-Warrior-04-Blue.jpg [ 36.49 KiB | Viewed 13263 times ]

Attachment:
Polo-shirt-Mockup-02-Gray.jpg
Polo-shirt-Mockup-02-Gray.jpg [ 30.03 KiB | Viewed 13263 times ]

Attachment:
Untitled-1.jpg
Untitled-1.jpg [ 26.21 KiB | Viewed 13263 times ]

TRF communications contractor on the hunt for good photos, films and stories. If you've been riding and have a tale to tell, I'm interested. Drop me an email greg@trf.org.uk

The Green Lane Relay: https://vimeo.com/96521474

Post subject: Re: TRF Shop
PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 2:01 pm 
650 cc Monster

@ £18 for a cotton Tea shirt and £25 for a polo shirt is still massively too expensive. They are the sort of shirts we want but any workwear supplier would supply a group with a small quantity of polo shirts with a TRF Logo on for something less than £15.00.

To say the reason the previous shop didn't work was because the people running it was Traditional Printer is a bit harsh to say the least. They did what the TRF asked of them. If the TRF is not taking anything......who is?

Last edited by mike Irving on Wed Oct 26, 2016 7:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 3:00 pm 
300 cc

Seems pretty ball-park pricing to me, GLASS for instance charge £12.50 for a T-shirt, although the Polo shirts are a bit pricey (£15 from GLASS but if the TRF one's are embroidered rather than printed this might explain the difference?)

http://www.nomadracing.co.uk No Byways were harmed in the making of this blog!

2006 KTM 450 Rally
2011 KTM 990 Adventure
2015 Honda CB500X

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 3:03 pm 

Can you get cups

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 3:17 pm 
400 cc

Hi Greg,

Can the riding tops still be purchased?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 4:12 pm 
80 cc

Just got my T shirt. It turned up in a couple of days and quality seems v good. Wearing it with pride...:-)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 6:23 pm 
200 cc

Paul, the jersey is available, but it would appear it's only available in KTM orange :(

http://www.trfshop.co.uk/cart/index.php ... duct_id=61

Don't you fancy the hi-viz option :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 6:46 pm 

do they sell G strings?

A mate of mine asked :?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 7:10 pm 
400 cc

Muddy Boots wrote:
Paul, the jersey is available, but it would appear it's only available in KTM orange :(

http://www.trfshop.co.uk/cart/index.php ... duct_id=61

Don't you fancy the hi-viz option :lol:

What!
Not in Beta red.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 7:19 pm 
200 cc

Hi guys

OK, to answer a few questions...

1 - The TRF Jersey is still available. We are sorting out production right now - it will be in TRF green only. Thank you for highlighting the fact I need to update the shop graphics.

2 - By cups I assume you mean mugs? They are not in the shop but if we get enough demand we can add them.

3 - Pricing is as competitive as we can make it. We could bring it down by bulk ordering product, but then the TRF would have to pay upfront and we run the risk of unsold stock. The polo shirts are £25 based on the combination of quality of garment, embroidered logo and customised embroidered region, and of course the fact that they are made to order. If only one person wants one, you can still get it delivered to your door in a couple of days. It's a compromise but one that I think is worth it.

4 - The TRF make no money on sales. Our print supplier/partner makes money on sales. In return they offer a quality product, on-line shop, on demand service - as close as you can get to a regular on line shop that means the consumer (TRF member) can buy what they want as easily as if they were ordering a single item from Amazon.

5 - I have made no mention of blame at all towards our previous supplier.

6 - No we don't sell G-strings I'm afraid, but if we did they would probably need to be XXL

:-)

G

TRF communications contractor on the hunt for good photos, films and stories. If you've been riding and have a tale to tell, I'm interested. Drop me an email greg@trf.org.uk

The Green Lane Relay: https://vimeo.com/96521474

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next