TRF Forums

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:06 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ] 
 Post subject: Newbie in Sutton Coldfield (North Birmingham)
PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 4:22 pm 
80 cc

Hi all,

Just got a new CRF250L which I plan to take to the lanes for some light trail riding as soon as I run in the engine a bit more. I'm completely new to this so I'll need to take it easy at first, as I have neither the skills or the bike to try too hard. I need a bike that is good on the road as well so not planning to modify it more than strictly necessary.

I'm from Bilbao, Northern Spain, but have been living in the UK for a decade now. Grew up riding motorcycles, but this one is my first since I moved to this country.

It'd be great to meet people riding in this area. I'm considering joining the TRF but not sure what group is the right one for the area around Sutton Coldfield and up to Peak District? Also, maybe some of you here may be too hardcore for me? Would not like to make a bunch of tough guys on very light and powerful KTMs wait for me all the time...

Cheers,

Xabier

Post subject: Re: Newbie in Sutton Coldfield (North Birmingham)
PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 7:23 pm 
300 cc

When you meet a few TRF members you soon see there are as many perpetual novices as there are enduro gods ;)

You will be welcomed and accomodated on the trail, everyone starts at the begining, dont worry get out and enjoy yourself.

AK - CAMBS TRF
CCM404E

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 6:18 pm 
50 cc

Hi mate i've just joined and am from north birmingham myself, i'd be up for a ride out round sutton way but i dont really know any trails/lanes around there- not really ever looked, and dont currently have bike transport.

I think i read somewhere that tamworth has some green lanes, however I dont think I'd want to ride much further than that on knobblies

Rich

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 7:34 pm 

Welcome from Sussex.

I too have just got a CRF250L and waiting for some lanes to do.

You can join mnore tahn one club, no restrictions, we are all TRF.

WR400F..Gone for a song.
CRF250L now on the lanes.
Novice off roader for years

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 10:28 am 
650 cc Monster

For where you are wanting to ride the Black Country group may be best for you but remember once you join as well as joining your main group you can be a member of another 2 groups so don't let that worry you.
Also if you want to change any of your groups you just let the mmbership secretary know.

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 4:16 pm 
80 cc

Hi mate, i'm from Walsall near Sutton. Just joined TRF, getting my bike in next wk or so, will give you a shout once sorted!

Craig

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 6:49 pm 
80 cc

Thanks guys. Do any of the local groups do any novice-compatible rides for prospective new members? I'd like to go for a ride at least once before joining, meet some people etc.

Rik, I don't know any lanes either yet. I've just ordered a decent sump guard and as soon as I do the first service I'll be ready to go, approx. in about two weeks.

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 5:01 pm 
50 cc

cool, I'm pretty much down to ride any time im not working so just hit me when you wanna ride, still yet to find anything local and legal though

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 6:37 pm 
80 cc

Hi, haven't been riding much due to clutch related tendonitis in my left hand... I went out for a "quick ride" in a sunny morning and came back 7 hours later with my hand knackered and 200 extra miles on the clock, mostly around the peak district. I went by myself and without proper off road gear so didn't ride any trails (if there are any still open to motorcycles there). I need to rest my hand at the moment and I'll be away most of summer from July on but will post here once I'm ready to go again in case someone local fancies a ride. Cheers.

XL

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ]