TRF Forums

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:52 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 13 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Unreliable mates help needed
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 4:27 pm 
80 cc

Hello everyone, im new to the forum but not motorcycling and thought due to my own circumstances I would firstly ask for help and give a platform for people in a similar situation to myself.

My predicament is this - I ride north downs way around maidstone with friends when they can be bothered to get out of bed but am looking to do the endurokent event on the 1st July but have no means other than riding of getting there. I didn't want to do this and ruin the rear tyre and then have to ride home home after a days enduro riding. My 'mates' cant be relied upon to (a) book it or (b) turn up on the day. Im basically looking for anyone with a van that's intending to attend the event and can be relied upon that could pick me up. I'm more than happy to pay petrol fees possibly even throw in lunch from the burger van if anyone is passing aylesford (kent) area and would be kind enough to pick me up on route and drop off afterwards.

Thanks in advance

Nick

KTM Duke II
Triumph Street Triple
Beta Rev3 125
Beta Rev3 250
KTM 450 EXC

Post subject: Re: Unreliable mates help needed
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 9:49 pm 
300 cc

Err I don't think you will get many takers here, to come as a non member and start asking for lifts. If I were you I would join and make some better friends. Oh and buy a trailer !

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:27 pm 
80 cc

I have joined as a member as you need to be to post and am in a genuine predicamemt. I have looked at buying a trailer but that involves a tow bar being fitted to my vehicle which is massively expensive hence the request for a passing member with a van. After all I'll be loading my bike into someones van who ive not met and they would be picking me up from my home address so if it's for fear of being a toe rag then they'll know where I live. Im happy to meet beforehand at my house for a cuppa and a good chat about bikes etc in general if that would make any prospective good samaritan feel more at ease. I appreciate being a newbie has it's downfalls as no one knows you and doesn't trust you, but having spoken to the guys at the endurokent event on Sunday having driven in my car to walk the course and watch the riders, they thought the idea was a good one and that others could benefit from it too.

Either way ill be there on the 1st even if it means riding the bike there, riding the day and then back again ( providing theres no accidents or breakdowns). If anyone is going and would like to meet at the venue then let me know it would be good to meet others riders who i could go riding with at weekends rather than lonely rides due to unreliable mates.

KTM Duke II
Triumph Street Triple
Beta Rev3 125
Beta Rev3 250
KTM 450 EXC

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:38 pm 

Don't sweat it about the membership - DougJ's only having a poke at you not being in the TRF, not about the forum. A number of TRF people do go to Endurokent and the question is worth asking, but apart from that it would be worth hooking up with the local group or groups (http://www.trf.org.uk/groups/group-listing.html) as you then have a better chance of riding either locally or going halves on petrol bills to events.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:46 pm 
80 cc

Thanks for the reply and advice womble. I tried to join the trf via this website but the page only seems to allow paper applications? I'd rather join on line, pay the fee and be a member. If anyone can point out where to go or what im missing I'd appreciate it. As foe the group I guess I just turn up at the moat pub on the second Tuesday of the month. Unfortunately that now falls after the next endurokent event. Never the less I will endeavour to do this.

Thanks again

KTM Duke II
Triumph Street Triple
Beta Rev3 125
Beta Rev3 250
KTM 450 EXC

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:51 pm 

Hi Nick - you can join online at http://www.trf.org.uk/membership/join-online.html, the second option is to use DD or Paypal, so you don't need to do the paper thang.

Give the group rep a call nonetheless, you never know if someone might still be going that you can hook up with.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:57 pm 
80 cc

Just found the dd payment and have joined and paid. Look forward to meeting people to ride with.

Thanks again

KTM Duke II
Triumph Street Triple
Beta Rev3 125
Beta Rev3 250
KTM 450 EXC

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 11:01 pm 

Sweet :D

Happy riding and hopefully we'll cross paths soon - us Suffolk yokels do venture out to Essex occasionally and sometimes even Endurokent (but not when I'm on the GS! :shock: )

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 11:08 pm 
80 cc

I brought my ktm exc 450 from Sudbury way which I believe is near you, not a bad drive by all accounts. :P

KTM Duke II
Triumph Street Triple
Beta Rev3 125
Beta Rev3 250
KTM 450 EXC

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 9:09 am 

have a look on link below. Lots of Kent TRF members on there. Most go to Enduro Kent.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 13 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next