TRF Forums

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:39 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 15 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: speed limits
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 7:31 pm 
300 cc

mull wrote:
And another place to drop my TRF HI VIZ ARMBAND appeal into :D

I think i'll have to take this one straight to the top :o :shock: ,watch this space.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:31 pm 
650 cc Monster

mull wrote:
mull wrote:

I think i'll have to take this one straight to the top :o :shock: ,watch this space.

Don't Do It Mull, Don't Do it...........

You only get one shot so you have to be sure this is the right one to go with........

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:48 pm 
400 cc

The Essex CC guidance is good isn't it!

Hadn't seen that one before but it's similar to others. Every County Council should produce something like that (perhaps this is something the TRF should lobby for?).

Regards speed, the TRF should be "against" excessive speed and perhaps even more importantly aggressive riding. We should be "for" considerate riding and respect for the safety and enjoyment of other users.

Often that will mean that the 25mph voluntary max is about right but it's not as prescriptive as quoting an actual figure. In fact I'm inclined to think that the original decision to quote a specific figure (back in 1873 or when ever it was :roll: ) should be reconsidered.

To some extent it has become a rod for out own back as they say.

What matters is that were clear, excessive speed and aggressive riding on green lanes is not acceptable.

It will never be possible for any specific speed to encompass that entirely, although ironically 25mph wasn't a bad starting point.

Regards

Richard

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:32 pm 
300 cc

mike Irving wrote:
mull wrote:
mull wrote:

You only get one shot so you have to be sure this is the right one to go with........

Just been checking my records and i did e-mail straight to the top back in december 2010 regarding getting prince's william and harry involved and also TRF HI VIZ ARMBANDS....ho,hum :cry:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:46 pm 
650 cc Monster

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Just been checking my records and i did e-mail straight to the top back in december 2010 regarding getting prince's william and harry involved and also TRF HI VIZ ARMBANDS....ho,hum :cry:

Keep your Chin Up Mull..........one day you will go to the Ball :D :D :D

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 15 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2