TRF Forums

It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:45 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: Index of current proposed TROs
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:42 am 

Herts Highways, East Lane, Abbots Langley TRO from 4th April 2011.
http://www.trf.org.uk/resources/useful-reading/doc_download/2923-herts-east-lane-tro.html

Post subject: Re: Index of current proposed TROs: Cambs CC Boats 45 - 48
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:46 am 

Ely & Little Downham. Seasonal, bikes exempt.
http://www.trf.org.uk/resources/useful-reading/doc_download/2924-cambs-cc-boat-454647-a-48.html

Post subject: Re: Index of current proposed TROs STONEHENGE AGAIN !!!
PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:48 pm 
80 cc

Subject TRO: Stonehenge TRO/Stopping up. PI Wed 22/6/2011
Area: Wiltshire
Deadline for objections: PI Starts Wed 22/6/2011
Further info: if you objected previously should now have received Questionaire attached ...i hope i've managed it
Discussion (TRF members only):link to specific topic in the members area RoW Talk Forum
Comments: any useful information
Contact: name of any specific TRF member that enquiries can be made to

Post subject: Re: Index of current proposed TROs STONEHENGE PI Questionaire in
PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:53 pm 
80 cc

Sorry about the double post but could not upload .doc so now tried .pdf

Attachments:
PO_initial_TROlet.pdf [54.83 KiB]
Downloaded 1580 times

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:54 pm 
125cc

how do i add info on proposed TROs to this site ?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:57 pm 
80 cc

URGENT :!:

Action required asap!

Copied and pasted directly from the Bristol TRF Facebook Group...

Author: Chris Barrable
There are 2 proposed TROs on byways south of Bristol. One is a 3’3” width restriction on a lane up just south east of East Dundry (Waterloo Farm) – its not one I’ve tried so will do soon. i have no objection to width restrictions.

The other is more significant, they want to ban all motor vehicles from the lane up from Chew Valley lake ...– the nice stoney one (Burledge GR 357444,162289)
Officially this is "CL23/41 North Widcombe”

We must all write in objection to Andy Coles, Engineering Design Team by phone: 01225 394208 or by message Andy_coles@bathnes.gov.uk
Deadline for writing in is 28th June. - too close to our meeting. i will draft an example letter of complaint & somehow post it on this site - or send to Paul Tyler to distribute via email as i dont actually have a copy !

Quote:
To Andy Coles, Technical Assistant, Engineering Design Team

Traffic and Safety Team, Temple Street, Keynsham, Bristol, BS31 1LA
Tel: 01225 394041 Minicom: 01225 394166 Fax: 01225 394335
Email: Transportation@bathnes.gov.uk Website: http://www.bathnes.gov.uk
...Andy_coles@bathnes.gov.uk

Subject :
Burledge TRO - Byway to Bridleway in West Harptree (CL23/41) - INFORMAL CONSULTATION

Dear Sir
I understand that the council is considering a permanent Traffic Regulation Order to prohibit the driving of motor vehicles on the above Byway.

I am a member of the Trail Riders Fellowship (TRF) and am writing to object to this proposal.

I have used this route many times over the years by motorcycle both with and without other motorcycle riders from the TRF rarely encountering other users.
The route is an ancient road with a lot of history of motorised use and is remarkably durable considering the centuries of horse and wheeled traffic use.
I am not aware of any deterioration in the route that can be attributed to motorcycle use although there is evidence of in the land adjacent to the route of 4x4 use. This is off the route in any case so is already illegal, banning vehicles will therefore have no effect on this already illegal activity.
Damage from 4x4 use can be eliminated by restricting the accessible width as has been done on other routes throughout the country and as has been proposed on route North Wick TRO CL3/82
I understand the damage, both physical and social, of use of the route by motor vehicles especially where the vehicles are large or driven at an inappropriate speed. Both can lead to accelerated wear on the surface as well as intimidation of other users.
I suggest a trial period with a width restriction to prevent large vehicles using the route and for a further study of damage and nuisance be conducted.

Yours

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:39 pm 

Gaffaman wrote:
how do i add info on proposed TROs to this site ?

Post on this thread and we will split it out into another thread where necessary.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 11:14 am 
125cc

We must all write in objection to Andy Coles, Engineering Design Team by phone: 01225 394208 or by message Andy_coles@bathnes.gov.uk
Deadline for writing in is 28th June. - too close to our meeting. i will draft an example letter of complaint & somehow post it on this site - or send to Paul Tyler to distribute via email as i dont actually have a copy !

Quote:
To Andy Coles, Technical Assistant, Engineering Design Team

Traffic and Safety Team, Temple Street, Keynsham, Bristol, BS31 1LA
Tel: 01225 394041 Minicom: 01225 394166 Fax: 01225 394335
Email: Transportation@bathnes.gov.uk Website: http://www.bathnes.gov.uk
...Andy_coles@bathnes.gov.uk

Subject :
Burledge TRO - Byway to Bridleway in West Harptree (CL23/41) - INFORMAL CONSULTATION

Dear Sir
I understand that the council is considering a permanent Traffic Regulation Order to prohibit the driving of motor vehicles on the above Byway.

I am a member of the Trail Riders Fellowship (TRF) and am writing to object to this proposal.

I have used this route many times over the years by motorcycle both with and without other motorcycle riders from the TRF rarely encountering other users.
The route is an ancient road with a lot of history of motorised use and is remarkably durable considering the centuries of horse and wheeled traffic use.
I am not aware of any deterioration in the route that can be attributed to motorcycle use although there is evidence of in the land adjacent to the route of 4x4 use. This is off the route in any case so is already illegal, banning vehicles will therefore have no effect on this already illegal activity.
Damage from 4x4 use can be eliminated by restricting the accessible width as has been done on other routes throughout the country and as has been proposed on route North Wick TRO CL3/82
I understand the damage, both physical and social, of use of the route by motor vehicles especially where the vehicles are large or driven at an inappropriate speed. Both can lead to accelerated wear on the surface as well as intimidation of other users.
I suggest a trial period with a width restriction to prevent large vehicles using the route and for a further study of damage and nuisance be conducted.

Yours

Following from this here the related documents;
http://www.trf.org.uk/resources/useful-reading/cat_view/69-public-documents/71-useful-reading-and-guides/114-tro-documentation-from-the-authority/115-bristol-tros-june-2011.html

Act now as there are only 2 more weeks to go!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 7:06 pm 
80 cc

Butser Hill, Hampshire.
Well, It seems the officers have been taken aback by the level of response so far, and are now nonplussed.
Lets see if we can't really surprise them with the level of objection to their ill conceived plans.
See here,
http://surreytrf.free-forums.org/viewto ... ?f=4&t=915.
Please object before the 12th of July, this could be nipped in the bud.
Mike

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 9:54 am 
400 cc

URGENT - Action required now

Lincolnshire County Council

Proposed prohibition of driving order, Viking Way/The Drift, Denton to Skillington

Lincs CC have recently advertised their intention to impose a permanent seasonal TRO (Oct 1st to March 31st) on a very popular and important UCR known as The Drift which forms part of Viking Way long distance route. This order would exclude ALL MOTOR VEHICLES (inc m/cycles)

While the idea of a seasonal restriction is not in itself unreasonable given the history of this route the details are cause for some concern and the TRF should object to the inclusion of motor cycles in this order.

Further discussion can be found in the Countryside Access section but the basic details are as follows.

Subject TRO: Viking Way Seasonal TRO
Area: Lincolnshire
Deadline for objections: 20th September 2011
Further info: See public area of forum
Discussion (TRF members only): See public area of forum
Comments: Objections to the inclusion of m/cycles in this proposal required
Contact: Objections to Mark Heaton, Area Highways Manger-Grantham, Highways West, County Offices, Annex C, Eastgate, Sleaford, Lincolnshire, NG34 7EB

Tel: 01522 782070

Email: Dev_HT_SK_and_S@lincolnshire.gov.uk

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next