TRF Forums

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:46 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: Theiving bast*rds
PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 8:36 pm 
80 cc

MARKSHELLEY wrote:
back off road wrote:
MARKSHELLEY wrote:
Any pikey encampments nearby perchance?

what has that got to do with it ?

we have a travellers site about 4 miles from us and bike theft is no worse than other areas of the country ,in fact its better than some areas

I stand corrected, They are fine upstanding pillars of society who must manage to pay for their new Shoguns by successfully dealing on the Stock Market or some other, not entirely obvious, source of income

Actually, it was just the title of the thread immediately made me think of pikeys.

I Agree totally. What happend to free speech lol. Having been on the wrong end of these "people" stealing my Copper pipe and tools I would put money on it being gypsy's Just my opinion

KTM 400exc

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:44 pm 
400 cc

Truth is folks, I don't have a clue who it was and I'm not sure that too much speculation is helpful.

Personally I doubt that it was any kind of "proffesional" criminal as they dragged my DRZ out of the garage but dumped it because it was D locked round the front wheel.

If they'd been serious bike thieves they'd have had a van and if they'd had a van they would doubtless of had both bikes, my mountain bike, my tools and my trailer as well.

My guess is that it will now either be sitting in someones shed within a half mile of my house waiting to be flogged to some non too fussy buyer who wants a field bike or it will already be at the bottom of a local drain.

Cheers

Richard

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 12:26 am 
200 cc

Richard, I don`t know where you are based, but if you are anywhere near Cambridge I will keep an eye out. There are a few travellers sites near me and I do see the little scrotes on trail bikes and quads on the lanes near me.No plates of course.
Can you give a brief description of the bike?

Honda MT50/C90 Hybrid supermotopedracer
1997 Honda XL600V
1962 Vespa VBB

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 8:46 pm 
125cc

well the other day i went to the old windsor carnival with a mate and i parked up next to his car dumped my stuff in my boot and off i went...

when we got back i looked over and said "oh look i forgot to put my steering lock on" i took a closer look and said "and i forgot to take my keys out the ignition".

i left my bike in a toby carverly in old windsor for 1hr 30mins with the keys in the ignition and it was still there when i got back. :o :o :o

i couldnt beleve i did that, i always put it on steering lock all the time

Ross.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:43 pm 
50 cc

Hard luck mate,
Been in similar situation. Had a thumper 110pitbike stolen from me 1night, again not road legal so no insurance. although i spread the word very quickly, through mates and facebook and by 10:30am the next day it was back in my garage! obviously no one was hurt....... Did notify police and gave frame and engine numbers, if they have that, there is a better chance they will get it? intstead of them finding it, thinking its scrap and destroyin it.

Fingers crossed it shows up again.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:58 pm 
300 cc

Once a kid stole my Yam exup :( He will never do it again.
Food for thought don't you think. :|

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:16 pm 
80 cc

Bad luck mate I know the feeling and what you'd like to do if you caught them but you gotta just move on and learn from it.
A couple of years ago my yard and lock up were broken in to 4 times in a year!!! It was in the middle of the sticks so difficult to defend and each time i made it harder they still managed to get something including loads of tools and my bike trailer.
In the end i fitted a home made alarm gun, which the local bobby actually endorsed as long as the shot gun cartridge was emptied of shot (perhaps it was, perhaps it wasn't).
The place was burgled after i fitted the guns but nothing taken.
I've not checked but apparently you can legally buy these in a spring loaded style from a gun shop, as i said mine where home made and consisted of a 12 bore cartridge fitted vertically in to a suitable sized pipe about 4" long with a longer tube fitted over that about 3 feet long then an old fishing weight the type with a pointed end slotted into the top of the pipe. The weight is held there by a pin through the eye which is attached to some fishing line. I set mine up with the line running across above the inside of the door with a small bent nail sticking up. When i opened the door a little way, i would put my hand round and bend the nail down but if you didn't know it was there it would and did pull the line which released the weight which struck the precusion cap on the cartridge and BANG!!!!
Now i know it sounds a bit of a mouse trap type of set up but it stopped them getting my gear.
If youve got kids or other people using your garage then this is probably not for you but with a little time and some tea and head scratching, most places could use something similar only contained in a box or cupboard, so you still get the bang but not the flash effect.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:35 pm 
80 cc

My XR was stolen 3 weeks ago but I got it back now, they found it in a park in the next area.

Lucky it wasn't burned out and I am still ridding it now :)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 5:24 pm 

Crap news mate. Sorry to hear..

Just learn from it like I did and never let it happen again....

Loads of ground anchors...In the wall and floor...Heavy Chains,CCTV and an alarm that will make LOADS of noise....Garage defender bars aswell.

Don't give them an easy ride

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2