TRF Forums

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:04 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ] 
 Post subject: members only ?
PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 11:38 pm 
80 cc

the old forum was a private members only forum.

i joined this site/forum in two minutes without proving membership.is it now a public forum ?

roger

devon group

Post subject: Re: members only ?
PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 12:23 am 
125cc

Hi Hampster Racing

The site is both public and members only.

When you register to the site, the system checks your TRF membership and providing your membership is current, you will automatically get access to the whole site.

If a person registers, and they are not a TRF member then they will have limited access and will not see all that you see. They can read and post on the Public area of the Forums, but not read or post in the members area.

If person visits the site unregistered then they will be even further limited and will be only able to read the public area, but not post.

I hope that makes sense.

Regards

SB

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 10:17 am 
50 cc

I also joined the forum without having to give my membership number - how does the administrator know whos a member & who isnt? - we could all be fibbing! How do I know if Ive got access to all areas (ironic that one!)
Threespeed

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 9:52 am 
50 cc

I've just joined (yesterday) what are the benifits? Will the site change once my details are added to the system giving me more members content?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 10:22 pm 
125cc

Hi Sixtring74

I presume that at the moment you have registered to the site and as a registered user you can see and post to the public area.

Once your membership details have been added to the TRFdatabase (within the next couple of days) you will be able to see and post to both the members area of the forum, and you will see a number of menu items appear on the website that are members only, e.g Members photo gallery, files etc.

There will be an increasing amount of members only information being added over the coming weeks and months.

Thank you for your support in joining, we hope that you become an active member.

Regards

SB

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 8:32 pm 
80 cc

Blingy Orange wrote:
Hi Hampster Racing

The site is both public and members only.

When you register to the site, the system checks your TRF membership and providing your membership is current, you will automatically get access to the whole site.

If a person registers, and they are not a TRF member then they will have limited access and will not see all that you see. They can read and post on the Public area of the Forums, but not read or post in the members area.

If person visits the site unregistered then they will be even further limited and will be only able to read the public area, but not post.

I hope that makes sense.

Regards

SB

Hi Simon,

I take it i have not had the members privileges added yet as i cannot post in the members area. However, what you said ^^^^^^ there isn't quite correct. General members can see the members section using the forum jump facility and also the new posts button. Hope this helps

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 8:44 pm 
80 cc

oh,

and you can see teeside and thames valley groups sub-forums as a guest as well

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:40 pm 
Site Admin

Hi Jazzy,

Thanks for highlighting these issues and giving us the opportunity to fix them.

The forum should now operate according to Simon's post.

Ian.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 9:12 am 
50 cc

I am still a little confused here (being a bear of small brain). I have registered and been accepted without having to offer my membership number. As I think there are 2 Stephen Whites in the TRF did the system just rely on my email address to get the correct one? Like many people I have home and work emails and often swap between them. I am just surprised that the membership number isn't used to validate us.

Oh, by the way, your clock's on GMT.

Stephen

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ]