TRF Forums

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:52 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Novice rider looking to join riding group
PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:35 pm 
50 cc

Hi,

I am looking to join a riding group in the West Midlands. I live in Wolverhampton & am keen to use my bike.

Can you suggest any groups to join?

Happy to travel Shropshire/West Midlands area.

Thanks

Andrew

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Post subject: Re: Novice rider looking to join riding group
PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:58 pm 
80 cc

Hi Andrew
Welcome, you could try West Midlands, we meet 1st and 3rd Wednesday at Wilmcote social club CV37 9XX people arrive from about 8pm and meeting starts around 8.30. 2nd meeting on Dec 20th is our Xmas curry night :roll: so probably best to give that one a miss! Feel free to drop in and have a chat.
Martin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:05 am 
125cc

Hi Andrew

Shropshire group is probably the nearest group to you. There are quite a few of us from Stourbridge, Dudley, Wolverhampton in the group and some great lanes not to far away.

Alan

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:47 pm 
300 cc

Andrew

The Shropshire Group is "homeless" at the moment due to the closure of our meeting place. I'm going to be at work for this months meeting so can t say if or where it will be. I will be home for January so I'll post where we'll meet beforehand.

There's nothing stopping you being a member of more than one group though - I'm in Shropshire and High Peaks.

I should be leading a run or two early in the New Year so keep a lookout on the Forum - I'd be glad to show you some mud and ruts :-)

Mike

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:56 pm 
300 cc

Sport Edition wrote:
Hi,

I am looking to join a riding group in the West Midlands. I live in Wolverhampton & am keen to use my bike.

Can you suggest any groups to join?

Happy to travel Shropshire/West Midlands area.

Thanks

Andrew

Hi Andrew,
I'm leading out a brace of Hereford TRF solos on sunday 17th dec instead of traipsing around debenhams etc. We will meet in N herefordshire and go north to the mynd via as much unsealed as I can find.. Nothing too taxing for a novice but likely to be a bit slippery in places.
If ye fancy trailering down to our start point, drop me a PM and I'll fill you in.
DS

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:41 am 
125cc

AlwynMike wrote:
Andrew

The Shropshire Group is "homeless" at the moment due to the closure of our meeting place. I'm going to be at work for this months meeting so can t say if or where it will be. I will be home for January so I'll post where we'll meet beforehand.

There's nothing stopping you being a member of more than one group though - I'm in Shropshire and High Peaks.

I should be leading a run or two early in the New Year so keep a lookout on the Forum - I'd be glad to show you some mud and ruts :-)

Mike

Mike I think the Acton Arms has reopened again.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:59 am 
300 cc

chipy wrote:
AlwynMike wrote:
Andrew

Mike

Thanks
I'll see if I can take a run past sometime.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:02 am 
300 cc

Andrew

I can thoroughly recommend a ride out with DS.

He took me out on my first ride a few years ago, and look at me now!

OK. So not a good advert, but try and get along for a ride with him.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:27 am 
125cc

AlwynMike wrote:
chipy wrote:
AlwynMike wrote:
Andrew

Mike

Thanks

I will be in Bridgnorth on Sunday so will have a ride up and check the let you know.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 3:01 pm 
50 cc

chipy wrote:
AlwynMike wrote:
chipy wrote:
[quote="AlwynMike"]Andrew

Mike

Thanks

I will be in Bridgnorth on Sunday so will have a ride up and check the let you know.[/quote]

Yep definitely open again

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next