TRF Forums

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:07 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: Newbie Cambridahire area
PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2017 4:07 pm 
50 cc

Hi all... newbie here,been on bikes most my life,riding sports machines mostly,the odd trip out on then motrcross tracks,fields etc.. Looking to get into green lanes,I currently have a yz250 but that could all change as to how I get on out there in the field. Live in peterborough Cambs anyone out there looking for a tag along,promise not to hold you back to much. Apart from the obvious helmet gloves etc what kind of essentials should one take a long on a ride out.
How often do you meet? If I was to head out on my own for a ride what would be the best material to use to get around,any apps out there that are any good?
Itching to get going..
Cheers in advance

Post subject: Re: Newbie Cambridahire area
PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2017 7:12 pm 

Hello and welcome from East Sussex

WR400F..Gone for a song.
CRF250L now on the lanes.
Novice off roader for years

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2017 8:57 pm 
125cc

Hi Sharky. another 'Hello' from Sussex.

Re getting out onto Byways, if I'm correct in my thinking......(and I may be wrong here, :) ) your bike Yam yz is a MX model ? If so, and has not been made 'road legal', and carrying a registration plate, to use said legal vehicular rights of ways, you would be breaking the law.

Apologies if I'm trying to "teach you to suck eggs"......... :) :)

as for kit, baring essentials, I think everyone has their own opinion; for me, I dehydrate easily so carry water and wear a camelback bladder, carry a first aid kit, (and bog roll/wet wipes 8-) )..high viz vest, head torch and other bits n bobs.....but then again I ride a quad, so have a little more room to carry stuff.

As to hooking up with others near you, have a look in local groups sec (in members sec)

All the best

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 4:34 pm 
50 cc

Hi guys...
Cheers for the hello's much welcomed.

Your right about the bike,i had it day time MOT'd horn,rear reflector and registration plate.I am using it just to get the feel of things and then looking to purchase a more suitable bike in the next year,depending on how many outings i experience.

Thanks for the advice didn't think about first aid essentials but when you mentioned it it was obvious really....
I have been in contact with the Cambridgeshire TRF and waiting for reply,looking forward to getting some heads up from them and join up for a ride out..

Does the whole of trf ever get together?

Thanks again :P

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 4:57 pm 
125cc

Sharky wrote:
Hi guys...
Cheers for the hello's much welcomed.

Your right about the bike,i had it day time MOT'd horn,rear reflector and registration plate.I am using it just to get the feel of things and then looking to purchase a more suitable bike in the next year,depending on how many outings i experience.

Thanks for the advice didn't think about first aid essentials but when you mentioned it it was obvious really....
I have been in contact with the Cambridgeshire TRF and waiting for reply,looking forward to getting some heads up from them and join up for a ride out..

Does the whole of trf ever get together?

Thanks again :P

Hi Mate,..........I think getting the whole of the TRF membership together would be a tall order..........having just organised a BBQ meet down in Sussex, even getting majority of local members to come along just didn't happen.

Certainly the events like Wessex Wanderer, Dawn To Dusk events, and others like them, do attract members from other areas.

If you find riding the Byways, 'up there', to your liking, and decide to come south, give us a shout.

All the best

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 5:15 pm 
50 cc

Yes your right that would be a tall order.

Will defo give you a shout if i am that way....Cheers :D

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ]