TRF Forums

It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:36 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: Try clothing
PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:50 pm 
80 cc

Hi I was just looking at the clothing in the trf shop and the logo,and was thinking that if it was a bit more colourful ,instead of greens and brown,that it would be a better advertisement to potential recruits.when I was on my hols this year I saw a few guys with triathlon and ironman t-shirts with all sorts of pictures and writing saying where and when they had run.the same is said of tough mudder and mini mudder for the kids.they can start a conversation and some interest.have a look on websites and see the difference in style.
Half the battle with advertising is to grab attention and create interest in a subject.now I know finance is a issue,but if it's done right it could pay off in new membership.
Not wanting to hurt anyone's feelings,just starting a conversation.!!

Post subject: Try clothing
PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:42 pm 
300 cc

One supposes it's subtle green and brown to reflect the green and conservationalist nature of our riding rather than the lairy gordy colours of most race replica clothing which some consider a bit "in your face" for trail riding.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post subject: Re: Try clothing
PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:05 am 
650 cc Monster

Smokin seems again to have the correct answer for our current choice - which was done with the consultation of the membership around three years ago.

We are always up for new ideas and change including getting involved in new design ideas and volunteering to get involved in the TRF shop and past experience has shown the forum has not been a good system to discuss the business of the TRF or get changes or progress put into place.

A better way to discuss change in the TRF is with your local group and local group officer who is more likely, through the Group Chairs Newsletters, to be aware of the background, and / or when needed approach the relevant director whose details are available here http://www.trf.org.uk/find-your-regional-group/.

I would be happy to facilitate private discussion on this with our creative designer, Greg, and also other volunteers involved in the sourcing and production process.

Regards

Mario
TRF Director

Access-2X green roads
Improve-Riding skill
Identify- Responsible
Defence-against prosecution
Sustainability-Protect green roads & rights
Insurance

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:46 pm 
80 cc

I understand the color choice it fits the bill.the point I was trying to make was,I was out one day on the bike and a lad came over and mentioned the trf,which I or friends had never heard of in years of riding so we looked up the website and joined.
I was just thinking a bit more color and information on the apparel ,could spread the word better when members are out and about in the pub and such.
Like a said just a thought!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:47 am 
650 cc Monster

Thank you for the response and I believe your point is clear to all.

The TRF is run by volunteers and hence when a suggestion like this is made we should make it clear that we also need to find a volunteer to do it to put the valued suggestion into place.

The alternative would be a long growing wish list of tasks that never get done.

Currently there is no volunteer to run the TRF shop and the merchandising, and area that could do with someone focussing on it.

If you or others want to take up this opportunity to progress the TRF in this area we would all be grateful and as the Director responsible for this area I can give you the support and resources you would need.

Access-2X green roads
Improve-Riding skill
Identify- Responsible
Defence-against prosecution
Sustainability-Protect green roads & rights
Insurance

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]