TRF Forums

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:53 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 12 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Crf x
PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 6:23 pm 
80 cc

Hi,
Has anyone got any tips on how to make the 2009 Crf x a little more trail friendly.its great round a track ,but tends to stall easy on the gnarly stuff .i'd like a little more power,but 450 would rip my arms off.ive thought about a new bike but I'm happy with the Crf and don't get out that much to justify a 4-5 grand bike.i'like to know
Best sprocket ratio
Best tyres
Any thing to produce a little more power!.
Again I know many will say get a 300 Ktm/beta...but the amount of time I've come of this thing and it still keeps going! Well it's bomb proof and it earned my respect.also coming off a new bike would break my heart!!
Thanks.
O yeh I know I have to ride better before someone says so!!

Post subject: Re: Crf x
PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 9:03 pm 
50 cc

Hi
Also got a CRF 250 X and can understand your need for more power, but think there are three choices.
Embrace the bike for what it is, and enjoy the reliability and usebility, loose weight or change it for a faster bike!
Currently going with option 1 and working on option 2 :D

Metzler 6 Day's work well for me, but local terrain, amount you ride, amount of road work, doing enduro's etc. will have more influence on choice and run standard gearing

Oh, and either constantly cover the clutch to stop it stalling or cheat and spend a fortune on a Rekluse clutch

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:38 am 
80 cc

The single best mod I have done to my CRF'x is to fit a heavier flywheel, mine is a trail tech one easy to fit but you do need a puller, trail tech also sell the pullers or at least they did a few years ago. Dropping to a 13 tooth sprocket on the front helps a bit in tight sections but reduces your cruising speed on the road

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 11:05 am 
80 cc

Yeh not a lot different to what ive been told. Them recluse are a bit dear but might look at the flywheel.how much heavy did you go with yours? there's many different weights.also anyone done bigger jets on fuelling ?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 7:30 pm 
80 cc

I have a 9 oz over stock flywheel on my bike I think this is the biggest you can go without machining

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:14 pm 
80 cc

Just a quick one for anyone who's interested
I got the crf set up a bit softer for the lanes and got a 13 front sprocket.
I've been out a few times and the bike is much better in the knarly stuff,doesn't seem to cut out as much at low revs.
This could just be a coincidence !!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:01 pm 
650 cc Monster

Look up,AP pump oring mod on the interweb fran,it makes it a lot less boggy,also,there is a jetting database on CRFs only website... I just took an average of the sea level stuff on there,but it was quite a jump jetting wise,cut the top off the airbox first.crf's only is a great site... check it out.Also,try a 12 on the front sprocket,I got one on my Ktm 450 ! I love it,but then again I got 6 Gears....innit

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:20 pm 
80 cc

Joel wrote:
Look up,AP pump oring mod on the interweb fran,it makes it a lot less boggy,also,there is a jetting database on CRFs only website... I just took an average of the sea level stuff on there,but it was quite a jump jetting wise,cut the top off the airbox first.crf's only is a great site... check it out.Also,try a 12 on the front sprocket,I got one on my Ktm 450 ! I love it,but then again I got 6 Gears....innit

Alright Joel,yeh I've seen that website got some good stuff in there,I'll check out that jetting.
Not sure about cutting the air box though!
The 13 has already took top end down!so I don't want to lose anymore for the road bits!!
Cheers dude!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:00 pm 
650 cc Monster

You will see the mold marks on the top of the air box where the mx version is cut,it dos away with the snorkel and helps it breath better for the bigger jetting,well worth doing,I never had any issues with water getting in, its a no brainer as they say.bonus as it makes the air filter a lot easier to get in,as you can man handle it from the top as well.win.....win...

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:17 pm 
80 cc

Joel wrote:
You will see the mold marks on the top of the air box where the mx version is cut,it dos away with the snorkel and helps it breath better for the bigger jetting,well worth doing,I never had any issues with water getting in, its a no brainer as they say.bonus as it makes the air filter a lot easier to get in,as you can man handle it from the top as well.win.....win...

gona look at the jetting,Jd jetting it says on the crf only.ive seen the picture of the box mod and I'm not sure if mines all ready done coz I can do the filter from top already.
Got to get jets from America unless somewhere here does them!

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 12 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next