TRF Forums

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:33 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: East Yorks area newbie
PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 12:26 pm 
50 cc

Ehh up t'all
Just wanted to intro having just got back into trials/enduro "exploring" having had a 25-year break [ouch!]
Bought a little 94' Honda XLR250RR [jap import] and made contact with Julian M [TRF East Yorks top man] and will be coming to next meeting week tomorrow. Some great info and stories on the site. Anybody living near Selby/Goole would be great to ride out having explored some lanes nearby - of which i believe there are many routes/rides
Cheers
Jason

Post subject: Re: East Yorks area newbie
PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 6:36 pm 
200 cc

Now then Jason ,hope you are in one piece ,just a quick one ,no pressure but a few of us are going up to the Dales this weekend 7th 8th 9th ,camping ,going up Friday afternoon ,bit of a barby on the evening and blowing the froth off a few tinnies on the night ,riding most of the day Saturday quick wash and brush up on the night ,out for a bar meal , up next morning ,more lanes ,bit earlier finish ,home in time for bed and work the next day .Happy days !
The group include young pups ( 30ish ) but quite new to trail riding,a quad ,current enduro world class star ( veteran group ! ) ,possibly a young lady !, don`t be fooled by her she will ride round you when YOU fall off ,and a selection of other old codgers who think we are still in our twenties ,
The going is a bit tougher than our local rutty sloppy lanes so not ideal if you are just getting the hang of it but ideal if you are up for a bit of a challenge ! Our Vintage rider, Chris is out of the country at the moment so places left if it takes your fancy ,we will ride at a pace to suit all the party ( steady away ) ! any interest give me a bell ,transport possible at a push .
Cheers Julian .......01482 841977 if not see you Tuesday and we can tell you how it went ! :P :ugeek:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 9:10 pm 
80 cc

Welcome to a great group

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 2:49 pm 
50 cc

Thanks for t'invite Julian. Unfortunately I have to look after my 3 kids this weekend as good lady away with girls on weekend away! Never mind.
Feelin better after my spill just about there now - went out along the Bubwith Trail Last Friday and last night [about 15 miles disused rail track near where i live go's up to market weighton way] for a couple of hours after 8pm [quiet, no walkers,dogs,cyclists across the whole route!] which was great fun albeit would have been better with company!
This weekend sounds like a right load of fun what with weather set to be OK etc - "always next time.." Will catch up as you say Tuesday at Market W. Have a great one. Stay safe. Cheers Jason

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 7:50 pm 

Hello and welcome from East Sussex

WR400F..Gone for a song.
CRF250L now on the lanes.
Novice off roader for years

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]