TRF Forums

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:55 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: Newbie navigating the forum questions
PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 4:14 pm 
50 cc

Hello everyone,
I have recently acquired a wr450f, and it was probably the best decision I have ever made. I have joined the TRF for advice and information on where I can ride. I have lapped around the forum multiple times, and although there is a lot of good information, I am struggling to find TRF organised rides. I initially thought that this may not be something that we do as a TRF group, but on a recent enduro free practice that was organised by a local group, I was talking to some other riders, and they were telling me about some TRF organised rides that they had attended.

Could someone advise if the TRF still organise events? If they do where can I find out about them?

I have been told to attend the local group monthly meetings, as this would be the best source from information, but unfortunately I am a single parent and have not been able to attend one of these meetings to date.

Any advice would be appreciated

James

Post subject: Re: Newbie navigating the forum questions
PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 4:28 pm 
650 cc Monster

Welcome to the TRF, James,

Whereabout do you live...there are about local 40 TRF groups, most of which have developed their own means of communication outside of the forum.

Perhaps one of the directors can help point you towards the appropriate social media channel for your nearest group.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 6:20 pm 
300 cc

James have you made any contact with your local group? If there is a contact number on the "find your group" list (on the main trf web pages) for your regional group you could try giving the chair a call and ask them.

As Richard says, most local groups organise their rides either at meetings or via their own Facebook or local forum.
Very few members (on the scheme of things) use this national forum for anything other than national matters or events organised to cater for a national audience (Wessex wanderer, coast to coast, axe to exe etc)

If you're on Facebook maybe search for your local group ie search Wiltshire trf of your Wiltshire or Dorset trf if your Dorset etc. A google search for your local group may highlight any web pages your group may have and if you strike lucky you should be able to register for the local forum via these web pages.

Bear in mind some groups don't have these methods of communication and in those cases, attending meetings or posting here are their means of communication.

First and for most though, post up which is your local group. And I'm sure someone from there who keeps an eye on here will sort you out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:52 pm 
125cc

Hi James

As others have already mentioned, let us know your rough location; If you are Sussex way, we hold two meetings a month, a social (non business) meet 2nd Thursday in east sussex and main business meet last Thursday of month in west sussex.

If you are in this area, feel free to contact me.........and we do have a FB page as well.

All the best,

Andy

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]