TRF Forums

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:19 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 12 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Legal advice neede
PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 4:24 pm 
125cc

I have just received notice of a speeding offence relating to my bike in Hertford, Hertfordshire. I have never been there. My registration number may have been cloned, but I now have to respond to the notification. Would the legal TRF department be able to help? Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Steve

Post subject: Re: Legal advice neede
PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 4:41 pm 
650 cc Monster

There is no TRF legal department.

If you can tell me a bit more about the alleged offence, and particularly how it was supposedly recorded and by whom, I can offer you what advice I can. I'm not legally qualified to offer such advice, BTW, but I do know a little about road transport law through my day job.

If you don't want to broadcast it here, then email me; richardsimpson94(at)yahoo.co.uk

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 5:27 pm 
125cc

Cheers Richard, will do.

Steve

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 5:45 pm 

I had the same.

Well I just phoned them and explained not me, I was not there at the time.

Be polite as they are only doing their job and have your number plate and details and lots of scumbags will be trying to get out of their speeding.

In the end it came down to colour, the bike speeding was red, mine was yellow as log book, but sent a recent photo show it was still yellow.

Call them and explain, that simple.

WR400F..Gone for a song.
CRF250L now on the lanes.
Novice off roader for years

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 5:46 pm 

Or you could just ask them to send the speeding fine to Mario :lol: ;)

WR400F..Gone for a song.
CRF250L now on the lanes.
Novice off roader for years

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 5:47 pm 
200 cc

The only thing i have to offer is that on one occasion i was sent a speeding fine that was for my van in a county that i had not been in ,i was also abroad at the time . My registration was on a similar van that was flashed for speeding ,after a telephone conversation they asked me to send in a photo of my van with myself sat in as if driving ,i also sent in copies of my insurance ,log book (V5 )etc to assist with proof of my ownership of the van .I also supported this with evidence of the holiday i was on .
Presumably this was enough to prove i was the legitimate owner of the van ,not the Romany traveler who was photographed speeding in the van with my reg , and certainly not me .
I got a letter through saying that no further action was to be taken :)
Bit of a faff but it worked for me ,bearing in mind this was from being caught on a camera that took the photo from the front were faces were clearly visible as the driver . ( this is not legal advice but just my experience )
good luck , Julian East Yorks trf

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 6:03 pm 
125cc

Thanks guys. The office is shut over the weekend. I have sent an E-mail with an explanation and photos of my bike. I will follow it up on the telephone Monday. There are pics of my bikes on various sites where they could have had info to clone it. Be aware people.

Steve

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 4:58 pm 
200 cc

Same thing here as well for my van - just phoned them, explained where I lived and that I had not been there, I knew where I was that day, and they dropped it straight away.I think they said van colour which was different to mine!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 4:44 pm 
125cc

Good(ish) news.
The good news is that I finally received confirmation that I will not be prosecuted for the alleged speeding offence. They said that after looking at the photographs that I sent them, that my bike has been cloned. It has taken two weeks of numerous phone calls and e-mails.

The bad news is that my registration number has now been 'tagged' on the national computer, and that I can expect to be stopped at any time and asked to prove ownership of my bike. This will last until they find the cloned vehicle, which may be never. My advice is to try and avoid this in the first place by not putting up pics/vids, of bikes showing their number plates.
Thanks for the advice in this thread guys.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 5:28 pm 
650 cc Monster

Glad that you 'just about' sorted it Steve,

Goes to show, that you can't be too careful what pics you put up ...and how over-reliant road law enforcement has become on ANPR cameras etc.

All the best

Richard

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 12 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next