TRF Forums

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:53 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: BETA ALP 200
PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 2:05 pm 
125cc

Does anyone know where I could get a pair of folding [short] levers please? Seems like they are available for just about every other bike so maybe listed under another make??

Post subject: Re: BETA ALP 200
PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 8:32 pm 
650 cc Monster

Greetings Tim,

On my Beta Alp 4.0 I have replaced the standard gear lever for a genuine Suzuki DR 350 lever, which is made of steel rather than the Beta alloy cast item. It is slightly shorter in length which I hope will protect it, especially when riding in ruts.

Attachment:
Beta 400 gear lever.jpg
Beta 400 gear lever.jpg [ 529.41 KiB | Viewed 7054 times ]

I have changed the footrests too for some which are wider, basically because as you know I stand up a lot when riding, but which makes gear change slightly less convenient. I have not found a shorter replacement rear brake lever, the original initially caught on the replacement alloy bash plate I fitted but I simply carved a larger arc out of the top edge.

TTFN :D

Hugh.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 2:47 pm 
125cc

Thanks Hugh...
My fault for not making it clear but it's the shorter brake and clutch levers, preferably folding ones that don't break. The Alp seems to use ones that are unique to that model for some reason.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 4:09 pm 
650 cc Monster

timtim wrote:
Thanks Hugh...
My fault for not making it clear but it's the shorter brake and clutch levers, preferably folding ones that don't break. The Alp seems to use ones that are unique to that model for some reason.

Hugh was never one for letting his "fingers do the walking" and is well known for his "nifty footwork" :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 7:19 pm 
650 cc Monster

Greetings again,

I have taken to using a standard clutch lever but a non Beta part as shown in the picture. I have not found (nor to be honest looked for) a shorter front brake lever but I suspect that again a KTM patent part might fit.

Attachment:
clutch%20lever.jpg
clutch%20lever.jpg [ 324.68 KiB | Viewed 6992 times ]

I am not aware of any folding levers, I guess that we would have to remove the standard ones and trawl around different dealers to try and match one up. If I do find anything then I will Post it up.

Michael just keep standing up and 'shaking your bootie' :lol: :lol:

TTFN

Hugh.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]