TRF Forums

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:57 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 13 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Quads
PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 7:59 pm 
80 cc

Hi everyone
how many of you ride a road legal Quad for exploring

Post subject: Re: Quads
PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 8:30 pm 
300 cc

Certainly do!!!
Not skilled enough for 2 wheels and never did do the test....
Easier to disguise meself as a local yokel by wearing a flat cap and strapping a bale of straw and a collie on to the rack as well so less confrontation..(or so the theory goes).
But no worries about sidestands on the thousands of gates that breed on welsh lanes and can normally straddle the central berm on rutted lanes. Deep V lanes like in the forest of dean do tend to knacker me up though.....
BRP 1000 has plenty of road grunt too so not so bad when riding home on tarmac plastered in crud.
The last of the persecuted groups really, everyone thinks I should be terrorising people in inner city estates the TRF is sort of getting with the programme now, but I have met my share of absolute feckers on quads when leading...suffice to say they were never invited again.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 10:06 pm 
80 cc

hi
my name is rich I'm from east Yorkshire not been riding long just bought my quadzilla x8 recently but i'm enjoying every minute on it.
I've been out a few times now laning but haven't had to test it in 4wd yet even on some testing stuff.
I used to drive offroad in cars so have a good understanding and respect for laning and how far to push a motor.
i'm same as you on bikes not confident at all but always fancied a proper quad so I could experience the freedom some of my biker mates kept talking about.
are you entered on any of this years trips? I'm going on the coast to coast and the hadrians wall rides.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 8:52 am 
300 cc

Hi Rich,
good to hear, the RX8 is a capable looking machine and being the 4WD version has the ground clearance you need as opposed to a 2wd sport/endure quad. Did bump into a disgruntled quadzilla owner in lemner Morrisons who said that their dealer backup in the UK was pants and had a big sign on his trailer saying the same thing, I hope you find the opposite with your machine.

I think you will be in the minority on the trips you mentioned (not that I have ever done them) but give it a go.
I'm same as ye, I very rarely engage 4WD on lanes and see it as a last resort meaning that my riding line has failed. If I have to engage 4WD then I have failed or I don't want to roost a tight grass surface...

If ye fancy a road trip and camping down this way in September then watch this space....I'll be leading on the Sunday so that will at least be 2 of us on four wheels if ye can make it...
Happy laning,
DS

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 10:14 pm 
80 cc

not had any trouble yet with dealers as its a spanker but the old guy that flogged it to me seemed salt of the earth.
I'm up for a road trip, you know the score any excuse to get out of the rat race for a while, send me some details so I can put it on this years bucket list, thanks for the invite.
bye the way, where is down your way?? I'm guessing peak district but been wrong before haha.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 8:23 am 
300 cc

Haha, :D
Can't you tell by my accent? About 120miles too far north and east.
Cant read, can't write, but can drive a quad (badly) and drink cider down by 'ere in Herefordshire where men are men and sheep are scared (of collie dogs, obviously).
Our chairman should go live shortly with an event we are planning in September to support our local Hospice if ye fancy splashing out for two days of green road related tomfoolery.
stay safe and between the hedges.
DS

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 7:14 pm 
125cc

Another quad rider down here, as well......(Sussex)

I do believe the susex quad count has gone up.............poss now 3 in area and paying subs. :D

Hopfully by us being seen out n about, some of the quad riders stigma can be quashed;

Andy

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 8:08 pm 
80 cc

theres a couple of us up here in east Yorkshire that I know of I'm hopefully going down to the Hereford event if I can get an invite maybe you could join in for a quad trek

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 8:14 pm 
125cc

Rssrv wrote:
theres a couple of us up here in east Yorkshire that I know of I'm hopefully going down to the Hereford event if I can get an invite maybe you could join in for a quad trek

Given enough time etc, would be great to join in, however this years not looking great...............(job wise its beginning to look as though I'm going to have to find another one...............
NHS privatisation, YUP! tis already happening............ :(

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 9:31 pm 
80 cc

I hope things work out for you nobody needs that kind of bad luck in their life

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 13 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next