TRF Forums

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:41 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: Bring Back the TRF Annual Membership Plastic Card
PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 12:44 pm 
80 cc

I have been badgering Mario and Sharon ever since I heard that it was planned to stop issuing membership cards 6 months ago. I was initially told that stickers with expiry dates would be sent out to put on existing cards to verify the currency of the membership card, this hasn't happened and has caused the Devon group problems. In Devon along side National arrangements, we have negotiated discounts from part suppliers event organisers clothing suppliers etc on the basis that a current membership card is produced to obtain the benefit, a valid from date doesn't cut it but a valid too does. Devon runs a number of fun days and other events where we offer a discounted price to TRF members, its not practical to ask members to carry around their renewal letter as proof of membership but to show their card is. In my opinion we need to stop kicking this issue down the street and get on and reissue cards with valid to dates

Chris Cole Devon TRF events coordinator

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 12:48 pm 
650 cc Monster

Hi Chris

No kicking this down the street- I believe you simply request them from Sharon and they will be done! - just not automatically.

Feel free to respond to to consultation to Carla the membership director for changes in future. This is within her sole remit.

Access-2X green roads
Improve-Riding skill
Identify- Responsible
Defence-against prosecution
Sustainability-Protect green roads & rights
Insurance

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 12:54 pm 
650 cc Monster

jonpaul1st wrote:
Richard Simpson wrote:
"Carry your membership card with you when trail riding, so that you may identify yourself as a current member of the TRF - and display a current membership sticker."

Is perfectly clear and unambiguous in its meaning to anyone of normal intelligence.

It means:

"Carry your membership card with you when trail riding."

So you should carry your card, to allow you to:

"identify yourself as a current member of the TRF."

Easy.

Thank you for sharing your opinion regarding the guidance which accompanies the requirement element of the CoC.

I shall ensure that your opinion is conveyed to the board.

Thanks John,

I'm sure we are all looking forward to seeing and discussing the proposed changes.

Best wishes

Richard

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 1:17 pm 
650 cc Monster

ChrisC wrote:
I have been badgering Mario and Sharon ever since I heard that it was planned to stop issuing membership cards 6 months ago. I was initially told that stickers with expiry dates would be sent out to put on existing cards to verify the currency of the membership card, this hasn't happened and has caused the Devon group problems. In Devon along side National arrangements, we have negotiated discounts from part suppliers event organisers clothing suppliers etc on the basis that a current membership card is produced to obtain the benefit, a valid from date doesn't cut it but a valid too does. Devon runs a number of fun days and other events where we offer a discounted price to TRF members, its not practical to ask members to carry around their renewal letter as proof of membership but to show their card is. In my opinion we need to stop kicking this issue down the street and get on and reissue cards with valid to dates

Chris Cole Devon TRF events coordinator

Chris,

Agreed that its not practical to carry renewal letter around. I suggest that it is practical to take a pic/scan of renewal letter and carry it on phone or otherwise ping it to supplier when placing online orders.

I'd be wary of having card dependant arrangements as this is not practical in a TRF culture where many members do not carry their membership cards and are unliklely to do so. If there's a solution to provide for members who want to use cards to do so, and to allow for alternatives for those members that want to use other means of ID without being burdened with more plastic, then a variety of means would keep more members happy.

Technical Director

KTM 690 Enduro R

Husqvarna TE250 2014

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 8:27 pm 

This is what I agreed to when renewing membership

By applying for TRF membership I hereby confirm that I agree to abide by the Memorandum & Articles of Association of the TRF, and its Byelaws and Code of Conduct (all available for download above).

I pay the £45.00 and always add a donation, I dont know if my non use of the 10% discount actually gets move money to the TRF.

I get an option to pay an extra £1 per sticker, but no option to ask for a card.

I assume from posts that the CoC is no longer as I signed up to and not fully active as under review, if this is so I would prefer not to have to agree to something that is no longer valid.

WR400F..Gone for a song.
CRF250L now on the lanes.
Novice off roader for years

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 9:39 pm 
650 cc Monster

My understanding is that the CoC IS still active.

The wording is under review, and the review will presumable be presented to a General Meeting of the TRF members for discussion, amendment and approval.

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 9:59 pm 
125cc

Richard Simpson wrote:
My understanding is that the CoC IS still active.

The wording is under review, and the review will presumable be presented to a General Meeting of the TRF members for discussion, amendment and approval.

Exactly what we are working on.

www.lvtrf.co.uk

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 1:37 am 
650 cc Monster

You can't be a card carrying member unless you have card ? sounds a bit 'needy' to me....

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 11:39 am 
125cc

Well i just go to the "App store" download the latest 'TRF' App look up my virtual membership card with current details attached....
as i always carry my smart phone with me then i can show appropriate authorities or dealers i'm a current member
included in the membership App
Many useable features include a 'OS map" to give me a live location just in case emergency services are needed
My details of the machine i ride for service schedule
Renewal date or expiry date, which ever,
my phone updates me of vital information from central TRF (optional for users)
phone a fellow member when i become unseated from my bike :roll:

Oops i'm in the future too far

Many thanks to ALL the national + local people in the TRF who help make things happen, like stamping out membership cards, paid or not it takes dedication :) :) Thankyou from me
Ian

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 12:47 pm 
300 cc

Just like electronic maps don't cut it when trying to explain to the uneducated that you're on a right of way, an app membership card won't cut it either when trying to explain to someone your a responsible trail rider and a member of the trf.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 10  Next