TRF Forums

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:29 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 15 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: Heidenhau K60s for a small dual sport?
PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 10:33 pm 
50 cc

Paul C wrote:
They came fitted to my CCM. I'd say they are a decent 50/50 tyre once scrubbed in. Decent on road and on dry trails, grass even rocks. Total pants in soft mud and squirrelly, but controllable and predictable on wet grass and rocks. Not like a knobbly but you're getting decent road manners and life too. They do the job if you avoid the mud and ride accordingly... plus you can push things along a bit on the black stuff.

Hey Paul...how are you finding the GP 450? I was lusting after one for ages, but couldn't justify the price tag. Had a good chat with the rep at the Manchester Bike Show the other week, and he said once the current units have gone, that's it! It'll cost too much to redesign the 450 to meet new euro standards...that, and the fact there's a new 650 in the pipeline :o

They obviously know their market, but it's sad they're not planning to continue with the 450....they've developed a 6 speed box and have ironed out all the teething problems...maybe the kymco motor supplies are dwindling?

I've a feeling when KTM bring out their 350 adventure, that'll be it for the small dual sport market, provided they don't charge mega bucks

I'd rather have something hand made in Bolton though...they're just down the road from me :D

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 12:48 am 
125cc

Go on oponeo and read the recommendations for yourself, they have a 97% positive rating and a rear costs £51
They are available for light and heavy bikes and the tread pattern differs slightly depending on the rating. A very good 50/50 tyre that delivers good mileage at a sensible cost. I fitted K60 for a 2.5k Portugal trip last and they performed superbly on and off road. Managed to get 6k from the rear tyre, if you've not heard of them were have you been!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:45 am 
125cc

vanorak wrote:
Paul C wrote:
They came fitted to my CCM. I'd say they are a decent 50/50 tyre once scrubbed in...

Hey Paul...how are you finding the GP 450?...

In short I like it. With the inevitable compromise of tyres it's good on and off road. Fun on the twisty tarmac. Capable beyond my skills off road. Comfortable seat, long range, just what I wanted. It needs the PowerCommander to smooth out the low throttle fueling and I lowered the tickover too. For me bar risers and a longer gear lever helped it fit my riding and proportions. Not sure that the bought in 6 speed box is really needed, I find 5 meets my needs.
However it does seem to be a love/loath bike. A few owners, especialy of the early ones, just don't get in with them. It is a bike you have to ride with your brain engaged to get the most from. To some extent like my old Guzzi, ride it like a Honda and all you'll get is grief. Work at it and you won't stop smiling.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 10:27 pm 
50 cc

I've got K66 on my Husqvarna 701. Good on dry tarmac and dry trails, OK on wet tarmac but they can and do spin up in the wet but the 701 is a little monkey for popping up its front wheel or spinning up the back. But for a rider of my limited talent, and that is not false modesty, I really need knobblies in mud. They don't clean up like knobblies but for anything less than mud, they're pretty good and in the dry you can put your bike hard over on tarmac.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 10:38 pm 
80 cc

Just a thought what about a mt21 front and a k60 rear? Ive had a similar combo and found it pretty good from spring to mid autumn. I really like the mt21on the front as its still pretty aggressive on the sidewalls and handles well on the road.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 15 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2