TRF Forums

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:36 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: Stuart Maconie now president of the Ramblers
PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 6:51 pm 
125cc

Mmmm, I wonder how this is going to pan out? The most rock and roll president they've had so far, I don't know his views on MPV's in the countryside, does anyone?

Ramblers presidents don't seem to last very long, I wonder why!!!

Post subject: Re: Stuart Maconie now president of the Ramblers
PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 10:00 pm 
400 cc

I like him as a broadcaster and he writes some good books, I might join the RA now

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 12:45 pm 
80 cc

He was a presenter at the 50 year anniversary of the great rambler protest along with Mike Harding. The TRF were there in force to protest against PDNPA view on lane closures. When someone handed him a leaflet highlighting our plight he poured scorn on it and walked away. Dont think he is a fan. I do listen to Radio 6 as I like the music choice but I am listening for any political statement he may make regarding our access to green lanes. If he does I will raise a complaint about an abuse of position. Watch this space....maybe

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 2:21 pm 
650 cc Monster

Alex K wrote:
He was a presenter at the 50 year anniversary of the great rambler protest along with Mike Harding. The TRF were there in force to protest against PDNPA view on lane closures. When someone handed him a leaflet highlighting our plight he poured scorn on it and walked away. Dont think he is a fan. I do listen to Radio 6 as I like the music choice but I am listening for any political statement he may make regarding our access to green lanes. If he does I will raise a complaint about an abuse of position. Watch this space....maybe

i was there so i can vouch for this. Mike Harding wasn't too friendly either. In fairness though we had a reasonable reaction from almost everyone else at the centre and the six of us were able to move amongst the guests freely ....run out of leaflets though.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 7:10 am 
80 cc

Good publicity picture of the TRF banner behind Mike Harding when he was being interviewed as well. Well done Mike for organising it.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]