TRF Forums

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:53 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Re: Fantic's back!
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 3:36 pm 
650 cc Monster

Haines in the Forest of Dean are stocking them.

They also sell the GasGas Cami, which uses the same engine, and is a bit cheaper and heavier.

http://www.hainesmc.co.uk/fantic_250e_casa_enduro_4t/

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 6:31 pm 
400 cc

I have seen the bike in the flesh, and for the money looks the part and well speced for the trail, with tidy indicators and rear fender and substantial rear sub frame. The exhaust would suit me on the trails as it's not too noisy, yet the dealer [who also sold a lot of Cami's] says it's a much livelier bike than the Cami.

I was impressed but did not buy one, had my doubts with it being a new model and when the first bike sold was back in the shop a couple of weeks later [supposedly traded in for a second hand motox bike, it put a doubt in my mind, but I may regret that decision.

Rod

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 6:59 pm 
650 cc Monster

From what I've found out, it's a genuine trail bike...and perhaps a lot milder than it looks. Which might explain why someone bought one, then decided that it wasn't for them.

In a world where we are awash with racy 250 enduros I personally think it would be nice to have a bike that was as light as the KTMs of this world but with a more 'trail-friendly' engine.

ie the engine performance of the Honda 250L and the weight of a European enduro bike.

I've yet to see one in the flesh, but I think it could be a very good bike for the money...providing people aren't expecting a 'balls-out' racer.

If I could find a bike with the performance and quiet of my old DR350S, but a bit lighter, I'd be delighted!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 8:11 pm 
400 cc

I totally agree Richard, and it was ticking all the right boxes for me, especially as the second hand one was £4,100, it soon went.

I prefer the red / white / blue colour scheme.

Rod

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 10:10 pm 
125cc

Richard Simpson wrote:
Haines in the Forest of Dean are stocking them.

They also sell the GasGas Cami, which uses the same engine, and is a bit cheaper and heavier.

http://www.hainesmc.co.uk/fantic_250e_casa_enduro_4t/

I have a Cami and get my spares from Haines and the service is excellent. There have been delivery problems with Gas Gas change in ownership but that is out of Haines control.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 8:38 pm 
50 cc

Thanks for this was I do a bit of both so I think I would need to take one out thanks again

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:05 pm 
80 cc

Just bought one from local dealer MT MOTORCYCLES Sherburn in Elmet. Took it out last week, ran a treat nice and light handles well power reasonable. Had a honda crf250l before.
It's nice on the road as well. Out again tomorrow can't wait.
Fitted wraparound hand gaurds, and alloy bashplate, and it looks the business.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:09 pm 
650 cc Monster

There's a good write-up here from Haines...they've identified some small shortcomings with the bike as far as UK use is concerned, and addressed them. There's info on service intervals etc. There's also a link to a video from RUST (ex TBM) on the page.

Looks like an ideal bike for trail riding...and (possibly) enduros if you don't take yourself too seriously.

http://www.hainesmc.co.uk/2017_fantic_250e_casa_test/

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:09 pm 
650 cc Monster

JOHN DICKINSON wrote:
Just bought one from local dealer MT MOTORCYCLES Sherburn in Elmet. Took it out last week, ran a treat nice and light handles well power reasonable. Had a honda crf250l before.
It's nice on the road as well. Out again tomorrow can't wait.
Fitted wraparound hand gaurds, and alloy bashplate, and it looks the business.

So...how's it going?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:43 pm 
300 cc

A write up in issue 24 of RUST Magazine

http://www.rustsports.com/

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next