TRF Forums

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:41 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 14 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: Newbie Derbyshire
PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 4:28 pm 
50 cc

Hey guys,

I'm also a newbie rider and member with the peaks being my nearest lanes, would any of you mind if I joined along some time? Sounds as though you all want to take it steady which will suit me down to a T!

Cheers,

George

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 10:33 pm 
650 cc Monster

Greetings Daz,

Yes, I made it up for a charity run a few years ago ;)

I have just realigned it to fit in with some changes that have taken place due to various reasons :(

Probably the most difficult section is the short run at Back Lane, Two Dales, because of the effects of water erosion. You can easily miss that bit out by simply going a little further along Syndope Hill, then turn left onto Butcher's Lane :)

TTFN

Hugh.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:49 pm 
650 cc Monster

Published by young Hugh Cleary so if it is recent it will be legal.
Looks like it includes several of the trails used by Manchester TRF when heading out of Marple.
Also I think at least one difficult lane has been omitted.

But suggest you don't go out on your own some places can be isolated.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 8:27 pm 
50 cc

Hugh Cleary wrote:
Greetings Daz,

Yes, I made it up for a charity run a few years ago ;)

I have just realigned it to fit in with some changes that have taken place due to various reasons :(

Probably the most difficult section is the short run at Back Lane, Two Dales, because of the effects of water erosion. You can easily miss that bit out by simply going a little further along Syndope Hill, then turn left onto Butcher's Lane :)

TTFN

Hugh.

How is it now?, I fancy doing the Cromford to Bakewell part this weekend, then having a bite to eat and a brew and heading back the same way as i live in Heanor and still dont have trust in the bike so dont want to venture to far, I was out on Clough Lane last weekend when it was very wet, coming down the lane was fine into Darley Dale but i would imagine in reverse it would be quite difficult if still wet, any ideas?

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 14 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2