TRF Forums

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:41 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: Reporting RoW problems via App
PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 8:07 pm 
125cc

At our Local Access Forum a Rambler member mentioned a new phone App to report issues, good and bad, on the various rights of way. It uses a loadable map (250/50/25K OS) & your phones GPS. I've tried it and it looks good.
Search Ramblers website or play store etc. You need to create a login. The info is collated by the Ramblers and passed on to the local authority. I've asked how progress would be tracked and will update this post.
Chris Bristol

Post subject: Re: Reporting RoW problems via App
PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:28 pm 
300 cc

Most councils have an easy online system To report issues, and lots have their own apps.

Personally I wouldn't trust what the ramblers would do with the information. I'm sure they'd use it against motorised users somehow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:16 am 
650 cc Monster

I have to agree most strongly with smokinrider.
I wouldn't trust the rambling fraternity as far as I could throw them.

Stick to the local authority contacts. At the very least, they have a responsibility to keep byways open in reasonably quick order. East Sussex are generally very good.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:28 am 

So if you use the rambler ap, they would not know if you are a walker or not.

You see a tree across a lane, and send a link of position via the app to them who then collate with other reports to teh council.

Are you suggesting that a tree blocking lane that can be used by various people would not be reported to teh council?

WR400F..Gone for a song.
CRF250L now on the lanes.
Novice off roader for years

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:52 am 
300 cc

No red but if the next rambler goes down and claims you can walk round it, do you think they'd report it or leave the lane blocked to motorised users?

They "Collate the info" before sending it to the council. So a trees down on a byway, A locked gate is reported on a byway, there's some flytipping on a byway, there's a burnt out car on a byway, theres a mud hole in a byway, Comeon, they ain't stupid. They'll use it some way in their favour to discredit us.

Also if you think using an app provided by a society hell bent on closing all lanes to motorised users is in any way acceptable, then id disagree. I've read the things they've said in support of TRO and against DMMOs and mostly it's lies.

Another thing to consider is the app may constantly (unless changed) have full access to your gps (must do to locate you on the map) it can possibly track you're route and speed. How would that information be used? I wouldn't want that sort of information in the hands of the ramblers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 8:11 pm 

You obviously have more information on the app than I do.

I thought is was for reporting only, and to be honest there has not been a lot to report,

Plent ramblers walk our green lanes and if they can walk round then I can ride round.

Maybe a better interface with them rather than hatred would be preferable, but hey thats no doubt forbidden topic for discussion on this forum

WR400F..Gone for a song.
CRF250L now on the lanes.
Novice off roader for years

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ]