TRF Forums

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:21 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Post subject: Re: Shropshire TRF Meeting 18th January
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 4:09 pm 
80 cc

Hi guys I am the Shropshire Glass rep and before I get trolled lol let me say I also represent motorised users on Shropshire Local access forums (LAF) I do try and represent both 4x4 and bikes equally. We used to hold a monthly pub meet at the Acton arms last year but we have now moved to Summer House, Kingswood Wolverhampton, Holyhead Rd, Boningale, Wolverhampton WV7 3AT. Simply as food is better and it suited more of the people who turn up. We usually meet first Wednesday of the month. I am happy to help with any questions you may have or if you want to pop down say hello.

Shropshire GLASS & TreadLightly Rep

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 7:37 am 
80 cc

Chirpy - sorry but the forums wont let me reply to private messages for some reason. Whats the issue with the lane ? Is it the "milk tray man" with the untaxed red Jag that blocks it and comes out to have a go ? If it is its been reported to the police and to shropshire highways as they looka fter that UCR.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 10:26 am 
125cc

No the lane now has a fence across it .

http://www.streetmap.co.uk/newmap.srf?x ... =Y&dn=5359

viewtopic.php?f=111&t=23282

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 10:47 am 
80 cc

Ah ok I wasn't aware of s fence. If its a ucr which looks like it is then report to highways . Sadly highways less proactive than row department. But if several complaints are received things may get looked at sooner . There's a few issues coming out now around there . One lane got trashed. And landowner claimed he was threatened by baseball bat. The one at alverley with the pipe across is now open but some people not using route. As there was an issue with the climb out. There's also a lane blocked by a red jag who won't move it. I must get out have a look it's been a year since I was last out that way

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 11:00 am 
125cc

The lane through Alveley with the pipes has been regraded for its entire length now. I am not aware of the problem with the red Jag.

I will try and come to your meeting next month. I cant make tonight

Alan

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 3:00 pm 
80 cc

The fence and red jag are the same lane. Get those complaints in to SCC Highways

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 4:49 pm 
80 cc

I went out today with the police and also met one of the Council ROW officers. Can I please ask people to avoid the Lane down at Turley Green with the grass bank. Its been turned into a ww1 battlefield down there by people trying to drive up the grass slope. Landowners are pretty mad and I cant blame them. The Police will be paying more attention to the area especially the early hours when a lot of this is happening . 4x4's have already been stopped and checked at the weekend and a group of bikers got chased the other night but got away. Its not the occasional user either its people coming there deliberately to try to drive up the field then turning around going back down again. If the council slap a seasonal TRO on it I would fully support them. In 8 years I have never seen it so bad. If you know of anyone who is trashing the other lanes down that way then please report to west mercia bridgnorth community safety team. Especially looking for a white Disco 1 with a black drivers door. As for the gate blocking the lane just north of there the council have spoken to him and told him to remove it. The enforecement team are on it and if he doesnt remove it they will and charge him.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 7:36 pm 
300 cc

Will get mentioned at our meeting tomorrow Stu.

Sent from a little plastic block that's smarter than I am

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3