TRF Forums

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:42 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: Honda CRF 450X - Suggestions Needed
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 4:27 pm 
50 cc

I have had my 2016 Honda CRF 450X for about 6 months now (bought new). Whilst I love the bike, there are a few things that are bugging me that I could do with some advice on;

1. The fuel tank is tiny (7.6l). I am always the first one to run out or switch onto reserve. Has anyone changed this for a bigger tank?

2. Handguards - the factory fit ones are rubbish, every time I drop the bike I end up having to get new plastics. Can anyone recommend wrap round ones that will take a bit of abuse and will fit deeper enduro bars

3. The factory fit dunlop rear tyre is now (thankfully) shot. Which rear tyre for the cambridgeshire fens - goes from rock hard to slop overnight with bits of road in-between

4. I would like to upgrade protection on the bike. Any ideas about the best skid plates / radiator braces etc.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts
Steve

Post subject: Re: Honda CRF 450X - Suggestions Needed
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 4:58 pm 
650 cc Monster

Cycra Pro-bend handguards are top notch stuff. Well recommended on the KTM forum - I guess they do them for a Honda.
I dropped my bike in a deep rut the first ride after fitting them and not a mark on anything anywhere except my confidence.

Why don't yours work? Or don't they have alloy wrap around bar end fixings?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 5:15 pm 
50 cc

The fitted ones are just attached to the bar so not the wrap around ones

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 5:34 pm 
80 cc

Steve

Have a look at Acerbis for a larger fuel tank as that's usually where you'll find one. Otherwise its a custom ally one. I'm worried about my 12 litres and will fit an auxiliary 6ltr tank too, so yes 7 litres won't get you far.

Cycra hand guards are the best - the deflectors you have are purely to keep roost off your hands and not for crash protection.

Rad braces are a good idea, you'll have to google a UK supplier but I've pulled out of enduros before (at least two I can recall) with a split rad'.

Tyres are a bit more tricky and you can go as knobbly as you dare depending on your road work. I'll probably opt for Heidenau's as I'll be using my 690 on roads a fair bit..

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]