TRF Forums

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:24 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 
 Post subject: Trip to Rhayader in Wales
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 7:40 pm 
80 cc

Organising a trip to Rhayader in Wales - 2 days riding. Travelling down on Friday 7th April, riding the 8th and 9th (Saturday and Sunday), travelling home on the Monday.

There are a further 8 places available, B&B is priced at £25 per person per night. Plus price of guide, more people that fancy going the cheaper it is for the guide. If anyone fancies it drop me a message.
Jarvo

Post subject: Re: Trip to Rhayader in Wales
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:59 am 
80 cc

ypu mean to tell me that in the Whole of the TRF :shock: there's nobody thats knows the lane's down there :lol:
and we need to pay some 1 to lake us round :oops:

"I have Duct Tape, Zip Ties . Let's ride"

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 7:16 pm 
650 cc Monster

I've had very mixed reports about the various 'guides' operating in that town.

Some are good, some will take you to places where they 'think' you can ride legally, some will bugger off and leave you, and one gent reportedly set off at a cracking pace at the start of day 1 of a 2-day tour...when his party caught up with him he was upside down in a ditch with a broken leg. They arranged an ambulance for him, and he wouldn't give them their money back.

Make sure you talk to people who have been guided by your chosen guide before parting with any dosh.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 7:27 pm 
80 cc

Is there anyone that knows there way round fancy coming?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 7:45 pm 
650 cc Monster

You could try asking here http://www.swtrf.org.uk/

SW TRF don't use this forum much any more, sadly.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:58 pm 
400 cc

Back in September a few of us from Herts stayed at Llanerchindra Farm. I made contact with the SWTRF and they kindly laid on a leader for Friday and Saturday.

They were 100%. As it was a small group of us we were very grateful to not pay the guide price of £200 for a day. We covered the fuel and food when we got a chance.

We did Strata and the Forrest area over 2 days.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:47 pm 
200 cc

Hi Jarvo ,
we went down last year and stayed at the Royal Lion Hotel ,it was ok ,nothing fancy , but spot on as regards the riding .We had a guide called Pete who was laid on for us by the hotel . not sure if every bit of it was all above board but it appeard OK to all of us , once he set off you don`t get much choice in the matter as he was off at a fair lick and only stopped once all day . I would always have another lap round some time it was a great weekend .
I must admit it the idea of the TRF is to help out each other ,see if anyone offers to lead you round ,it was easiest to go with a guide as it was difficult to plan such large millage days out with such a variety of routs in an area so far away .
If you want me to track down our guide , if i can , give me a bell , you can check out his routs are all legal before you commit . Cheers Julian East Yorks TRF Group rep :ugeek:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 6:48 pm 
125cc

Try marianne@trailrides-wales.com who is a paid up and active TRF member near Llanidloes north of Rhayader but within striking distance. I am told their TRF group do run leading.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ]