TRF Forums

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:57 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Re: You'd think they'd want us!
PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 9:11 pm 
125cc

Shame, could have worked for both parties..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 9:25 pm 
650 cc Monster

The sad truth is that is used to work for both parties. For instance, TRF members plus others from PDVUG spent a lot of hard work maintaining Black Harry Lane in the Peak District. Ironically, the work done was mostly to make the lane more accessible for cyclists, horse riders and walkers

PDNPA then turned around and said it had no vehicular rights.

Same story has been repeated over and over.

The TRF literally built a bridge on one lane (again more for the benefit of other users) with TRF and the date of construction etched into the stone.

Guess what....PDNPA then closed the lane to motorcycles.

I used to enjoy a reasonable professional relationship with one of the PDNPA RoW bods...but it seems to me now that it was all a waste of time, because, as I said earlier, they don't want us in the park.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 9:39 pm 
650 cc Monster

Moaners rule....I look forward to the Zombie apocalypse free ride...

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 9:56 pm 
650 cc Monster

Joel wrote:
Moaners rule....I look forward to the Zombie apocalypse free ride...

My KTM dealer says it won't be released until 2018 :D

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 10:00 pm 
125cc

But what is the reason not for wanting us to ride the lanes in small controlled number...noise ? damage ? They can't just say 'because we said so' there must be a reason ?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 10:35 pm 
125cc

Woodywoodster wrote:
But what is the reason not for wanting us to ride the lanes in small controlled number...noise ? damage ? They can't just say 'because we said so' there must be a reason ?

Dont think they think they need a reason - they just don't like us. Something like they see us as the devil incarnate. :twisted:

I even file my horns off when I ride in the peak district - but makes no difference. ;)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 10:42 pm 
125cc

That's not fair but then I suppose that's just how it is sometime, hopefully things might change and they'll become a bit more forward thinking...I can't see how. KTM E ride on trials tyres is gonna cause any harm if ridden sympathetically..

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 11:21 pm 
650 cc Monster

i believe if we could form a multi user group ( cyclists, walkers and Horse riders are also affected by loss of lanes) and set up an organisation that could take on the management of the lanes just as with the waterways we would be on a winner.

( this is not an original idea and its been said on here before by others in the past including myself)

i am sure the parks would go for it....we would lose some and maybe win some....permits....seasonal access.....permissive routes....red routes.....quota's.......payment for access........anything possible

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 11:24 pm 
400 cc

mike Irving wrote:
i believe if we could form a multi user group ( cyclists, walkers and Horse riders are also affected by loss of lanes) and set up an organisation that could take on the management of the lanes just as with the waterways we would be on a winner.

( this is not an original idea and its been said on here before by others in the past including myself)

i am sure the parks would go for it....we would lose some and maybe win some....permits....seasonal access.....permissive routes....red routes.....quota's.......payment for access........anything possible

Now there's a positive suggestion :D

Rod

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 11:49 pm 
650 cc Monster

Woodywoodster wrote:

The reason usually given is "tranquility"

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next