TRF Forums

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:14 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 Post subject: Re: TRF Shop
PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2016 1:23 pm 
650 cc Monster

But it does make the directors look like they are 'doing Good".

we can have teashirts but not organise a campaign of objections to a lane closure until its too late.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2016 8:10 pm 
125cc

mike Irving wrote:

we can have teashirts but not organise a campaign of objections to a lane closure until its too late.

Mike,
Greg's first post was about the TRF shop, and now you have made these comments, completely off topic and causing disruption to the good work of members, many wonder why you carry on and on with this vitriol.

www.lvtrf.co.uk

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2016 8:42 pm 
80 cc

gregsta wrote:
Guys, with respect I'm not getting drawn into this conversation other than to say...

We put out a tender for print services. We selected the best company from the proposals we received. The company we use has the ability to set up an online shop that is branded as TRF, can take individual orders, make the product and post them out directly to the member. The costs are extremely competitive considering the quality of the product and the process used to take order and make delivery. The member purchasing products has a wide selection and can order just like ordering anything from a proper online store.

In the real world you can pay £3 for a T-shirt, £10 or £30. Just like you can buy a cheap light weight inner tube, medium one or a heavy duty one. You get what you pay for. There are some people who believe value comes from being rock bottom as cheap as possible. There are others who weigh up price, quality, service and ease of use to decide if something is of value.

If any member on this thread would like to go out and source a supplier that can offer all the services that our current one does then please be my guest. I'd be happy to share the 'call for tender' document with you to make your life easier. We can take any proposal you get in response into consideration when our current supplier's contract is up for negotiation.

If you don't want to spend £12 on a T shirt then you are free not to.

If you want to get your own T shirt made then please by all means go ahead and get one made - I will send you the TRF logo if you ask.

If you want a quality T-shirt delivered to your door within the week then perhaps the current TRF Shop might be able to help.

G

+1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2016 10:37 pm 
650 cc Monster

stormbringer wrote:
mike Irving wrote:

Mike,
Greg's first post was about the TRF shop, and now you have made these comments, completely off topic and causing disruption to the good work of members, many wonder why you carry on and on with this vitriol.

david,

we used to have a shop. It was set up in such a way by a director that it couldn't possibly work. A member complained and started accussing the person running it of profiteering on the back of the members. The directors who set it up didn't defend it, the life member resigned from the TRF and the Shop was handed to someone else. the products are similar, the prices are similar and suddenly its all wonderful. I am not disrupting anything members can read my posts or not ( If the pixies don't spirit them away).

I think the shop is disgustingly expensive and i am unlikely to buy anything from it. for a club like ours we should be able to get good apparel and items for exhibitions at very competitive prices....they aren't. The good readers can choose whether they buy or not and the shop will sink or swim accordingly.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2016 11:50 pm 

I was thinking of this for a cup design?

Would be a good xmas present...

Attachments:
front.jpg
front.jpg [ 32.17 KiB | Viewed 9300 times ]

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2016 11:58 pm 
650 cc Monster

Location: great er manchester seeing the light through the pouring rain
I'm guessing they'll be about 300 sterlings :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2016 12:16 am 

that one would be £6

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2016 1:15 am 
650 cc Monster

KentWR wrote:
I was thinking of this for a cup design?

Would be a good xmas present...

Mugshot :D

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2016 12:53 pm 
125cc

mike Irving wrote:
I think the shop is disgustingly expensive and i am unlikely to buy anything from it. for a club like ours we should be able to get good apparel and items for exhibitions at very competitive prices....they aren't. The good readers can choose whether they buy or not and the shop will sink or swim accordingly.

I wouldn't say that the items are expensive, they do look about right for what they are and in comparison to other apparel websites but the shipping is too steep in my opinion, adding £3.50 postage on top of a £15 t-shirt is a bit too much, enough to stop me buying. If postage was included in the rates i would have bought a few bits by now. That said, the logo, items and shop all look good and very professional.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4