TRF Forums

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:41 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: TRF Shop
PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 7:13 pm 
200 cc

Thanks Greg

I want a Blue T-shirt like the one displayed but the Blue isn't coming up as a colour option

http://www.trfshop.co.uk/cart/index.php ... duct_id=53

Looks like there is a Black colour option but no image of a Black T. 5 images of T's and 5 colour options but only 2 appear to match the colour of the T's shown. It's not just this garment, it's all that have colour options.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 9:36 pm 
200 cc

Hi Peter

Please can you drop me an email and I will put you in touch directly with our shop supplier who will be best placed to help you quickly. I'll look into making the colour options a bit clearer on the site.

Thanks

Greg

greg@TRF.org.uk

TRF communications contractor on the hunt for good photos, films and stories. If you've been riding and have a tale to tell, I'm interested. Drop me an email greg@trf.org.uk

The Green Lane Relay: https://vimeo.com/96521474

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 9:44 pm 
400 cc

Thanks Greg.

I will purchase a riding top when they are available.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 10:41 pm 
125cc

Greg.

Did you ever take up Adam Winston ( West Yorkshire Lane Riders / Association of Peak Trail Riders ) up on his offer for details of their much cheaper supplier for riding tops ?
Or was it his insistence that the savings be passed to TRF members that held you back ??

Just wondering...

Craig Layfield

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 11:59 pm 
200 cc

Hi Craig

The details of the company were never passed on to me. We are working with a new supplier.

G

TRF communications contractor on the hunt for good photos, films and stories. If you've been riding and have a tale to tell, I'm interested. Drop me an email greg@trf.org.uk

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2016 9:44 am 
300 cc

Just been on line and found several suppliers of print to own design t shirts with prices between £3 and £6.
Are you certain you are offering members the best value. As £12 for a t shirt with no profit margin left over for TRF seems a bit steep. Did we shop around.

I know my company doesn't pay that kind of money for embroidered polo shirts. Let alone plain tshirts. If you said a fiver from each shirt went to the fund then £12 would sound fair. But £12 cost. Something's not right there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2016 10:16 am 
200 cc

Guys, with respect I'm not getting drawn into this conversation other than to say...

We put out a tender for print services. We selected the best company from the proposals we received. The company we use has the ability to set up an online shop that is branded as TRF, can take individual orders, make the product and post them out directly to the member. The costs are extremely competitive considering the quality of the product and the process used to take order and make delivery. The member purchasing products has a wide selection and can order just like ordering anything from a proper online store.

In the real world you can pay £3 for a T-shirt, £10 or £30. Just like you can buy a cheap light weight inner tube, medium one or a heavy duty one. You get what you pay for. There are some people who believe value comes from being rock bottom as cheap as possible. There are others who weigh up price, quality, service and ease of use to decide if something is of value.

If any member on this thread would like to go out and source a supplier that can offer all the services that our current one does then please be my guest. I'd be happy to share the 'call for tender' document with you to make your life easier. We can take any proposal you get in response into consideration when our current supplier's contract is up for negotiation.

If you don't want to spend £12 on a T shirt then you are free not to.

If you want to get your own T shirt made then please by all means go ahead and get one made - I will send you the TRF logo if you ask.

If you want a quality T-shirt delivered to your door within the week then perhaps the current TRF Shop might be able to help.

G

Last edited by gregsta on Sun Nov 13, 2016 11:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2016 10:52 am 
125cc

Greg,
I have bought a T shirt this week and agree completely with what you have said, delivery was only a couple of days so very quick, thanks.

www.lvtrf.co.uk

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2016 11:07 am 
400 cc

Much better service in being able to order direct.

Well done

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2016 1:05 pm 
650 cc Monster

Greetings,

I think that we might be loosing our way a little here;

excellent work by Greg, and probably other folks too, not necessarily my choice of wording for the tee shirts in the current climate of relationships but he understands marketing better than I,
the prices are what they are for the service and quality,
if the cost is too high then folks may choose to buy or not buy,
if the service is good then that must be a plus point,
perhaps those who buy will be subsidising marketing of the TRF to increase membership,
let's hope that who ever is wearing them gives a good account of us to those seeing them in public,
we are not going to be told if there is a mark up for profit to the TRF as that will be classified as business sensitive

I suggest that we need to look with greater scrutiny as to how the forth coming AGM will be handled. We know that the rules so far are not being followed, the AGM or whatever the Directors wish to call it will take place and it is only through the voting system that changes and frictions may be resolved.

TTFN

Hugh.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next