TRF Forums

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:11 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 13 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Montesa Honda 4ride
PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2016 9:08 pm 
125cc

Just happened to be on the Honda website and saw a bike I never knew existed. Hondas equivalent to the free ride.

Sent from my Bush 5" Android using Tapatalk

Post subject: Re: Montesa Honda 4ride
PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2016 9:53 pm 
650 cc Monster

Greetings Joe,

They look superb as you say but Honda Montesa have hardly released any bikes for actual testing so I don't know who has one or what they think of it.

The petrol range looked small but that was the original build tank size and being Honda Montesa it should be reliable and economical.

I intend to check them out at the MCL show, but last year they had only one example bike on the Honda stand and nobody could give me any technical information nor arrange for a test ride. I hope that they are better prepared this year.

If you get to ride one then please let us all know how you get on with it.

TTFN

Hugh.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2016 10:10 pm 
300 cc

I had a look and sit on one at the dirt bike show a couple of weeks ago, low seat height,and light. It felt like it would be an easy bike to ride , but to be honest It did look a bit fragile

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2016 10:52 pm 
300 cc

stuart in the north yorks group campaigns one with great effect, not lightning fast but ultra low light and frugal so around 60 to 70 mike range, and todate has finished every run he has started

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 10:26 am 
80 cc

Wow that looks nice in Repsol colours,I hope it's a bit more successful than the KTM freeride,even KTM forums slate that.I nearly bought one before I got my CRF.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 6:10 pm 
125cc

I hope I see one in the flesh soon !! Tank does look tiny as you say.

Sent from my Bush 5" Android using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 10:46 pm 
50 cc

slartybartfast wrote:
stuart in the north yorks group campaigns one with great effect, not lightning fast but ultra low light and frugal so around 60 to 70 mike range, and todate has finished every run he has started

Have had my little 4Ride since May and done over 2500 miles on it and love it to bits. Agreed, it's not lightning fast but suits me. It is very light and easy to ride. So far, very reliable and only cost to date has been regular oil changes and some tyres.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 12:23 am 
80 cc

I have had one since April.
Its a terrific bike at only 85kg fuelled with a 4.2litre tank and space under the seat for a 1 litre emergency fuel bottle and a toolkit- which gives me an effective 70 mile range.
I use it for LDT's and greenlaning and it is superb, never misses a beat.
I'm 6'2 and have fitted higher swept fatbars, dropped the forks in the clamp to the lowest and wound up the rear shock and it is perfect.
Only downside is getting to the air filter, which involves a fair bit of dismantling of the seat assembly.
The engine is bullet proof, being highly thought of in the trials world by the likes of Tony Bou on the Cota4RT

I've occasionally wound mine up to 60MPH, however a bit of mechanical sympathy suggests it is happier at 45MPH - I run soft trials tyres so this helps longevity too.

There is no space to put a larger front cog on, and I have not played around with the rear sprocket as it is a great climber in stock set up.

Lovely and quiet too + suspension front and rear is surprisingly plush.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 10:39 am 
400 cc

Don't forget the tubeless rear tyre - no need for mousses or tubes to puncture

Just a repair kit

I have the trials version of the bike for the last 10 years

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 12:08 pm 
80 cc

What's it like on the road?
I had a KTM 390 Duke(single cylinder injected) it was the worst ride I ever had due to fuelling,unfortunately due to this I would be dubious as I have to do road work to get to lanes...but it is a Honda.... :roll:

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 13 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next