TRF Forums

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:16 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
 Post subject: Re: 3 BIKES STOLEN
PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 1:44 pm 
300 cc

Gutted to read this Rod, makes it harder when you know (approximately) where the two Yams are, although I'm guessing you might not wan't them back given the abuse they are clearly receiving.

I'm thinking of an upgrade on the security in my garage at the moment, better get on with it I guess!

http://www.nomadracing.co.uk No Byways were harmed in the making of this blog!

2006 KTM 450 Rally
2011 KTM 990 Adventure
2015 Honda CB500X

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 1:56 pm 
400 cc

Thanks Tony, some of the suggested upgrades to my security were a bit radicle, but I've made my choice now, so best of luck with yours.

Cheers

Rod

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 7:15 pm 
650 cc Monster

Two of my upgrades on garage security
1. PIR in garage attached to house alarm - I already have the garage door alarmed.
2. Curtain beam covering the outside of the garage door - a few inches from the door and three feet above the ground so animals will not set it off - attached to house alarm. So goes off before the door can be tampered with.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 12:52 pm 
300 cc

Without going into specifics, my garage is already wired into the house alarm and is a separate zone so can operate independently. The only downside is the garage is at the end of the (admittedly short) garden but the alarm sounder is on the side of the house. I'm going to put a (very loud) repeater in the garage itself to make it unpleasant to be in there when it goes off.

Bikes all have substantial chains/locks and floor anchors and tools like bolt croppers, angle grinders, hacksaws are all kept in a locked tool chest (with a serious padlock) so they can't use my own tools to assist.

I've recently moved my shed away from the garage wall so I can have a personal door put in the side. This means I don't have to open the up and over door as much, so people are less likely to see my bikes. It will also give me the opportunity to beef up the locks on the inside of the door (and only able to be opened from the inside). The personal door will of course be as secure as I can afford with multi point locking.

Of course what i'd really like is a 50 cal machine gun set up with a trip wire in the garage but the local Police say i'm not allowed.... can't think why not ;)

http://www.nomadracing.co.uk No Byways were harmed in the making of this blog!

2006 KTM 450 Rally
2011 KTM 990 Adventure
2015 Honda CB500X

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 2:30 pm 
650 cc Monster

Greetings,

Personally I have always liked the poacher trap gun, which just fires a blank cartridge and has the knock on effect of spreading manure on the roses :lol: :lol: :lol:

Cheaper than electronic alarms, http://www.williampowell.com/Shooting-- ... _MA101.htm

TTFN

Hugh.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 5:22 pm 
400 cc

Hugh Cleary wrote:
Greetings,

Personally I have always liked the poacher trap gun, which just fires a blank cartridge and has the knock on effect of spreading manure on the roses :lol: :lol: :lol:

Cheaper than electronic alarms, http://www.williampowell.com/Shooting-- ... _MA101.htm

TTFN

Hugh.

Now there's a coincidence, it wasn't even my birthday......but I got a nice present ;)

Rod

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 11:01 pm 
400 cc

Mayhem in Leeds tonight on Kirkstall Road

Quads and possibly nicked bikes involved

http://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/n ... -1-8210588

https://www.facebook.com/OliGrandidge/v ... 874610682/

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 11:39 pm 
400 cc

Thanks for posting John.........think there must have been a contingent returning to the seacroft area.....could here them clearly shortly after the time they were in Leeds.

Rod

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 7:19 am 
400 cc

2 Yams wrote:
Thanks for posting John.........think there must have been a contingent returning to the seacroft area.....could here them clearly shortly after the time they were in Leeds.

Rod

As soon as I saw it on FB, I thought of you
There is obviously a certain group of youngsters looking for bikes to carry out this chaos

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 5:50 pm 
400 cc

Finally.......paid out on all the bikes, so thanks for every ones help and kind words.

I have learned a lot from this unfortunate experience, mainly to read the small print and thick policy booklet to know of the conditions and exclusion clauses. I would advise familiarising yourself with your own policy exclusions, one of mine was, if a DISC LOCK AND STEERING LOCK were not put on my bike whilst I went to pay for petrol........my bike would not be covered if stolen :o

The two insurance companies could not have been more different, my Beta insurance [2 month old bike] paid out within 2 weeks, the insurance company for 2 twelve year old Yamaha's [been with them a lot of years] have only just paid out after 3 months and a lot.............difficulties. :(

The Beta was never seen or recovered to my knowledge, both Yams recovered [written of] one hit a car but no one apprehended........what a sad state of affairs.

Cheers

Rod Jackson

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next