TRF Forums

It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:41 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Thinking of buying a450ccm gp x 2§&
PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 9:35 pm 
125cc

Went to Stafford motorcycles. Good lads then to Stratford on Avon to the overland & adventure show met the designer of the bike very knowledgeable! Any thoughts will sell wife 230 crf my 250crf x has been stolen ! & my 2 road bikes.

Post subject: Re: Thinking of buying a450ccm gp x 2§&
PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 12:29 pm 
125cc

Had mine 2 1/2 weeks. Done about 1000 miles including easy and moderate green lanes, not sure the tyres are up to difficult ones. I really wanted the tank range and a saddle I could sit on for a few consecutive days. Happy so far. Low speed/throttle could be better but a Power Commander option is available now which I'll go for.
Very pleased with the service from the team at Stafford Motorcycles too. I went for standard height and saddle. I found the low saddle pushed me too far forward. This makes things a bit high for my 29" legs but ok. It's got my vote.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 5:58 pm 
125cc

Sounds good to me.first thing they did at the show was to get my wife sue to pick it up .no problem!' Getting all excited about camp sites in Andalusia 70 € a month .still got to sell 230 crf.&a speed triple .street triple. Thanks for input. Dick

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 9:28 pm 
125cc

Tested one felt good brought it ,need one more for sue,

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 11:40 am 
300 cc

Darren soothill is doing great on his in the ATRC rallys. A few minor issues as you would expect from a development bike but no more than any other bike being thrashed around rally stages for 2 days at a time.

It seems to tick all the right boxes and is hand built in the uk so hopefully it will continue to deliver for the serious over lander/tourer.
and clearly tyres are your choice. Don't expect it to be up to everything straight outta the box. As we all do with our new toys you gotta make it your own and fit any extra of different bits necessary to your type and style of riding.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 3:59 pm 
300 cc

I've had a go on Sid's and was really impressed. He did some really tough stuff on the Isle Of Man on his in standard fettle. Supple suspension really impressed. It felt light to ride too.

It stalled a lot at low revs though, I mean sub 1000 when setting off in tricky positions. I'm sure he has taken his back for some mapping and I don't know if they managed to suss it. It might be just a period we are all going through. My fuel injected 2012 Husky did it too. A 2016 Sherco mate said his does it too. I've been on carburettor bikes since....waiting for someone to sort this out before I resume with fuel injection.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 6:57 pm 
125cc

Took the plunge! Go 2 new one's.well 6 weeks time!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 2:35 pm 
50 cc

Great bikes! Admittedly I haven't ridden any other off road bikes so bear that in mind (!) but the CCM for me is perfect: light, low (although there are different height options) and more than enough power for both on and off road riding. I haven't opted for the power commander upgrade but that's just a cost thing really - it can be a bit 'jerky' slow speed/low gears but nothing that a bit of clutch control can't overcome, and I tend to find it disappears when the engine warms up. If I had the money to upgrade to the PC I would but it's not enough of an issue for me to be bothered about - I still love my bike! Speak to the factory (Darren) and they'll arrange a test ride for you - I've just got back from a CCM weekend at sweet lamb where there were a lot of potential customers testing the bike for the weekend. (I can't recommend sweet lamb bike academy highly enough for anybody new to off road riding or wanting to improve their skills - I learnt more in a weekend than I've learnt since first getting on a bike).

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 9:10 pm 
125cc

Yes I wanted to go to that got my new bike .wifes will be 5 week .still running mine in.sold my 250crf x & speed triple. A good compromise I think!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 8:42 pm 
125cc

Run it in at last 500 miles! A large luggage rack on the back increases top speed by 2 mph!!!, if you are intrested in Such things.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next