TRF Forums

It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 10:03 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 13 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: HEREFORDSHIRE TRF MEETING FEEDBACK.
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 11:49 pm 
400 cc

I know its 11.45pm, and way past my bedtime.
I think we had 37 people turn up tonight !
Plus a lot that couldn't make it.
I thought it was all positive..
But I am more interested to know your views on how our first meeting went ?

Hereford Chairman

Last edited by GrayHTRF on Wed Oct 05, 2016 6:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: HEREFORDSHIRE TRF MEET TONIGHT.
PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 5:16 am 
125cc

I couldn't believe how many people attended. I imagined about 12 tops.

Great idea to use watsapp. So easy, totally private and instant. Passing on free text, photos and video.

One thing that I did think though was say roughly the group averages 30 on a evening, each buying a raffle ticket generating £60 pounds. Minus the £20 raffle prizes, minus the room rent of £40 that leaves £0 to add the pot. If we had a free room to use the group could cash £40 a month for what ever they needed.

You got to be happy with how it all went.

Joe.

Sent from my Bush 5" Android using Tapatalk

Post subject: Re: HEREFORDSHIRE TRF MEET TONIGHT.
PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 5:52 am 
50 cc

Great evening agree with Joe lots of places offer free rooms and we keep the money
Jim

Post subject: Re: HEREFORDSHIRE TRF MEETING FEEDBACK.
PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 10:04 am 
300 cc

good work Gray, hope to have some minutes up later. Agree with everybody else. apart from room cost, thought the loction was good with free parking. Not many of us down from the north of the county anyway....will pm you the minutes when done.
Long live four strokes!!!! :D :D
DS

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 7:10 pm 
50 cc

Gents, Excellent start to the Group I thought along with the banter which is always good for a laugh !! We certainly need a bigger room and Joe is spot on with the for free route. I will ask around and pass on any info I can sort to Gray.
Beers Bikes and Bullshit ! Great stuff

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 8:44 pm 
650 cc Monster

Jesus Gray ! Looks like your 'gonna need a bigger boat!' As they say...good call!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 10:07 pm 
80 cc

Well done Gray, impressive turnout :)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2016 7:17 am 
80 cc

Great evening gray :D , also agree with the room fee. Reckon with a few kangos and some acro props we can turn that room into one big room :mrgreen: .

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2016 9:06 am 
650 cc Monster

Congratulations on getting so many people to your first meeting, sounds like the spirit of fellowship is still alive and kicking down there.
keep up the good work.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2016 8:06 pm 
300 cc

Herefordshire TRF Inaugral meetin
Bunch of Carrots, Hereford, Tuesday 4 October 2016

Present: Gray and loads of riders keen to know more
Gray thanked everybody for attending, most people thought that the meeting could be held in the phonebox outside but nearly 30 interested people made for an interesting evening although no final recommendation about how many strokes a rider needs were made.

Officers
Gray reported that he had already bribed:
Rights of Way : Andy Walker. With assistance if required from Charlie of Worcester TRF and Nick (DS650)
Group Secretary: Tim RB
Treasurer: Jim Walters who attended the meeting via videolink from his Bahamas estate.
A bigger bribe was required for that of Group Rep which remains unfilled at present but we will put the shilling in the bottom of somebodies pint next month.

Funding
Proposed to hold a raffle at every meeting to cover the basic costs of the group. Bike related prizes are welcome up to a value of £20 ish.
1: 50 OS maps as required although Glen offered to donate several sheet 149 to the group which will be a great start. Post-ride Therapuetic colouring in with blunt wax crayons is proposed from next month in order to help afflicted riders.
Some surprise over the cost of the pub function room at £40 was noted so the search begins for a potentially cheaper venue (like the phonebox next month?)
Great suggestion that good second hand kit could be donated toward club funds for raffling/sniffing.

Rideouts
‘Herefordshire’ ride outs were seen as the key driver. It was proposed to use the national TRF forum as the starting points for players with leaders remembering to be careful about advertising start points on an open forum
The group will investigate using a more secure ‘watsapp’ system next meeting for ride organisation as long as everybody gets one of them there new-fangled wireless phone thingies .
Facebark was generally considered too long winded to use.
The Wye Knot m/c club reported interest in joining a TRF ride out for their members. We are already jealous of their cunnng play on words for their club name but we shall see what we can do.
2 stroke riders somewhat casually added in that they provide the ride of your life,,,the local Womens Institute members who came into our room at that time did look quite interested but decided not to stay for the rest of the meeting
The shout out for ride leaders was well covered into 2017 with Gray early doors, Joe looking to do something from Usk and Nick in January when he is back on his quad.
A post turkey Christmas ride out is in the offing…watch this space but it will be In fancy dress (MOD surplus not an option).
It will be good to at least get photos of rideouts onto the TRF forum, reports would be better still, but don’t let that put anybody off leading.

AOB
Question over maximum group size from the floor. Official trf view is 6 maximum but leaders know their routes (hopefully) so be sensible.
Tuesday meeting can clash with another club. Proposed to make TRF meeting the first Monday of every month at the Bunch for the time being.
NEXT MEETING IS MONDAY 7 NOVEMBER at the Bunch of Carrots 2000hrs when we discuss world domination, fake moon landings, farm subsidies and possibly a bit about bikes and routes.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 13 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next