TRF Forums

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:42 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Easter 2017 Mid Wales for riders with Honda CRF250Ls
PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 4:52 pm 
80 cc

I thought it might be nice for riders who have bought Honda CRF250Ls to have a couple of days riding in the scenic area around Machynlleth.

Provisionally, we are looking at riding on Good Friday and Easter Saturday, with Colin Walford leading the experienced riders who like a challenge, and myself taking a novice friendly scenic ride at a gentler pace.

On Easter Sunday, there is a road race meeting at Tonfanau just up the road from Machynlleth where I will be racing or marshalling. Entry is only £6, but if you want a change from riding, the club do tend to struggle for marshals so would be extremely grateful if anyone extra volunteers. You get a meal ticket for the burger van, and ice cream van, plus £20 towards your expenses.

I have looked into accommodation. The Plas Dolguog Hotel is a good 3 star hotel just out of town, and we could all have a meal there in the evening. I might be able to get a discount for a group booking (although being Easter weekend, I might not!) Their prices start from £45 per person. Accommodation in the town is a Machynlleth is a little less, typically £35 each person based on sharing a twin room. If you wish to camp or have a caravan, there a several sites around Machynlleth, including Llwyngwern Farm which is run by a trail rider.

As there will be a maximum of 6 riders in each group, it is essential that you email marianne@trailrides-wales.com if you wish to attend. Please let me your thoughts on where you would prefer to stay.

Marianne
Mid Wales Group Secretary

Attachment:
File comment: This was a ride for CRF250Ls last week
DSCN1537.jpg
DSCN1537.jpg [ 160.36 KiB | Viewed 5743 times ]

(There is no fee for the guiding.)

Post subject: Re: Easter 2017 Mid Wales for riders with Honda CRF250Ls
PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 4:54 pm 
80 cc

Or phone Marianne on 01686 430522!

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]