TRF Forums

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:57 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: trail tech voyager II thought's
PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:15 pm 
80 cc

Am thinking about getting 1 as it combine's all required needs
what are peoples thoughts on this kit
http://www.trailtech.net/digital-gauges ... r-moto-gps
and what are the alternative's
Image2016-07-10_2015 by Phil lazy, on Flickr

"I have Duct Tape, Zip Ties . Let's ride"

Post subject: Re: trail tech voyager II thought's
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 11:43 am 
50 cc

Phil Hinch wrote:
Am thinking about getting 1 as it combine's all required needs
what are peoples thoughts on this kit

Declaration: I'm the Trail Tech UK importer.

The Voyager is different from say a Garmin in that it's a GPS with instrumentation; Speed (GPS and wheel), distance, trip, hours, altitude, temperature (air and bike), RPM and Volts plus GPS. As far as I'm aware there isn't anything else which does all those in one box. The bike's original instrumentation can be removed if a Voyager is fitted.

The GPS part requires routes to be loaded in or be recorded previously - think of it as a Road Book with extra functionality and you get an idea. It's not a Sat Nav where a post code can be punched in so for general riding from A to B the quickest way there are better navigation solutions. For plotting an absolute route and being 100% accurate though the Voyager is good.

The routes are loaded on to an SD card and the Voyager sorts it out. There is some video on Youtube of folks using and setting up.

In the USA they have a database of Trails that anyone can download, if there was a similar TRF database (using GPX files) then it'd be really easy to load a route and go riding with the Voyager - on and off-road.

It's not the cheapest bit of kit and it's not for everyone but it's a lot of functionality in one box. Because Trail Tech make a wide range of sensors a kit can be put together for any bike that'll mean installation is made as easy as possible. There are billet protectors for them too, not essential for most people but incredibly strong and look trick too.

I'm not a Voyager GPS expert but I will get answers to any questions.

Is that 'TRF Discount' I hear? Well, if it's through this forum then the cost is £215 incl post (vs £240 normally). Delivery may be up to 2 weeks, depending on what's in stock and where in the ordering cycle I am.

Post subject: Re: trail tech voyager II thought's
PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 2:40 pm 
80 cc

cheers buddy will be in touch

"I have Duct Tape, Zip Ties . Let's ride"

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]