TRF Forums

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:53 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 12 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Still feel like an outsider!
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 8:51 pm 
50 cc

Hi

I am new to Peaks TRF group. I have a week off work next week and if anybody is up for introducing me to green lanes around the Derbyshire peaks it would be greatly appreciated.

I have a CRF 250L, joined TRF 2 months ago (ish). Despite constant attempts to meet people, and TRF to send me some kind of confirmation that I am a member after paying I have not yet received any benefits being a member of an organisation I was highly advised to join.

Post subject: Re: Still feel like an outsider!
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 8:58 pm 
650 cc Monster

There has been a few Manc TRF runs in the peaks over the last month... Keep your eye on the Manchester group site (on this forum/Groups) it's down to you to check.cheers,Joel.PS you ARE a member as your name on the forum has gone from black to brown...do not expect any Enduro attired Strippergrams knocking on your door with a welcome dance...although there could be something in that ...?...

Last edited by Joel on Mon Jun 13, 2016 9:03 pm, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 9:02 pm 
50 cc

Where do I check?

And what is the year to year of membership. I paid in April for a year, but when sent a membership sticker it was already out of date?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 9:12 pm 
650 cc Monster

Not sure, I'm not really a big sticker fan, there ain't a lot of people on the trails to show stickers to...apart from other TRF'ers...you are now part of 'The Fellowship' you will be recognised by others if you use the special handshake (only to be used when pulling someone up off the floor/out of a big/river....) ssshhhh

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 9:19 pm 
650 cc Monster

Not entirely sure how you find us on here... I have always been set to it...Regional Groups, you need to search... Or perhaps someone who knows how to find it will come along... Or, maybe you have to join the Manchester group... All our rides do come up in 'active topics' ( tiny green writing towards the top of this page) you need to check every day...as the rides sometimes fill up quick....

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 5:57 pm 
400 cc

One of the benefits of trf membership is this really up to date bells and whistles forum....NOT.

Hereford Chairman

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 6:56 pm 
650 cc Monster

Your membership expiry date will be on your membership card.
As regards sticker can't help but if you e-mail directors@trf.org.uk whoever is responsible should send you and answer.
All Manchester rides are listed on the Manchester section of our forum.
If you want to come out with the Manchester Group, starting point normally Marple then contact our chairman who will organise something for you.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2016 8:56 am 
80 cc

Can I invite you to the L of a ride in Mid Wales? Unfortunately I have commitments every weekend until mid November, and wanted to organise something for riders of 250Ls before then, so the dates are 22nd and 23rd September. There is no charge for the guiding.

If we do a group booking for the Dolbrodmaeth Hotel, Dinas Mawddy, we should be able to negotiate a discount. Non-riding partners welcome.

Normal prices are:
Double ensuite £75
Standard twin £69
Standard single £49
Single with double bed £55
Standard triple, 1 double and 1 single £89
Family room, 2 adults and up to 3 children £99
Riverside 4 poster – king or twin £79
Front superior with corner bath £79
(Small well-behaved dogs only if suitable rooms are available - check with hotel. £8 per night.)

If you are interested, please email marianne@trailrides-wales.com or phone 01686 430522.

Attachment:
DaveandChris7.jpg
DaveandChris7.jpg [ 84.53 KiB | Viewed 16050 times ]

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 10:21 pm 
80 cc

Paul, don't lose heart! It truly is pretty difficult to get onto rides if you're not free to visit a pub somewhere perhaps many miles from your house on a certain night once a month or don't want to ride in the same area with the same people all the time, but it is worth the effort when you do find someone like the excellent Alan H from the Manc group who thoughtfully posts his rides on the national forum where the likes of us can find them and get involved. If you search for '23rd' you will find a ride he's doing from Marple on Saturday. Suggest you try searching for other dates you'd like to ride and see if anything comes up.
Why most won't do this I've no idea but some do, S Wales, Glos, Herts seem pretty good, others are good on their own forums but how can you find time to search 20 forums if you can even get a password that works for most of them? Others still appear to be completely closed with no evidence of any rides in their area at all - the only way seems to be to go to the pub with them! This includes the group we're supposedly part of! In 18m I've yet to see any evidence that they do anything except meet in a pub once a month! When I ride with other groups they ask if I can return the favour and guide them in my area I can only apologise as I've no idea what lanes there are in my area! I'm just about getting to the stage where I think I could just about lead a ride now and find most of the lanes - but only in Devon or S Wales!!!!
Some groups do some excellent organised events which are generally publicised in the trail mag you should be getting in your email? I've done ones run by Central Bristol and Somerset and all were superb - wouldn't have felt disappointed if I'd come from your area for any of them. On that basis I'm going way out of area to E Anglia on the 6th, doing Dawn2Dusk!
Hope that helps!
Mike

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 8:58 am 
125cc

Manchester group has a ride his sat 23rd or July with places still up for grabs you can book on with alan

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 12 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next