TRF Forums

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:57 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 Post subject: Re: Drz 400 e or ktm 250 exc 2t
PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 10:15 am 
650 cc Monster

Nothing wrong with kick starting a bike - I've been doing that on and off for 45 years, including the dreaded XT500.
It's the times kicking it is virtually impossible on a lane when a push button comes into its own.
You don't tend to stall or fall off on the easy bits and if you can only put your right foot down, you're stuffed.

Post subject: Re: Drz 400 e or ktm 250 exc 2t
PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 10:47 am 
125cc

the drz400e ...why it hasn't got a kick start as well as the electric is beyond me. ive had a battery pack up on me and left me high and dry.

you can buy kits to fit a kicker to the drz.

not sure id want a kicker only....as said there are situations where your kill for a button.

there's a lane in Dorset known as "the slot". if you stall it your in for a long push. the lane is that narrow most of it is spent with your legs on the banks or up on your tank :lol:

Post subject: Drz 400 e or ktm 250 exc 2t
PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 10:54 am 
400 cc

Nitew4tcher wrote:
the drz400e ...why it hasn't got a kick start as well as the electric is beyond me. ive had a battery pack up on me and left me high and dry.

you can buy kits to fit a kicker to the drz.

not sure id want a kicker only....as said there are situations where your kill for a button.

there's a lane in Dorset known as "the slot". if you stall it your in for a long push. the lane is that narrow most of it is spent with your legs on the banks or up on your tank :lol:

Aye
One in Devon, called Tombstone is similar - just a slot

Just learn not to stall ;)

I'm not against electric start, I've got a trail bike with one

However I was just sticking up for the XR which is kick only & it didn't dissuade me from buying one

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4