TRF Forums

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:19 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: Adventure bikes in the Peaks - where to go?
PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 9:33 pm 
50 cc

Hey people!

Me and a mate are heading to the Peaks this weekend for a camping trip and we are hoping to do some easyish green lanes on our bikes (BMW GSA and new Africa Twin) on the Sat afternoon and Sunday morning. We have knobblies fitted and are pretty new to the whole thing. Any advice on the best lanes for us to try?

Cheers!

TC

Post subject: Re: Adventure bikes in the Peaks - where to go?
PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 10:09 pm 
80 cc

Oh hi Crumble!

I'm afraid I can't help you with routes in the peaks, but I assume the result of your trip will be on YouTube? :)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 10:21 pm 
50 cc

I'll do my best to put something together yeah! Should be a good chance to pit the two bikes against each other for a bit of a test. Just a bit of an effort recording stuff but I' will try. Cheers for the reply dude!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 10:30 pm 
80 cc

TheCrumble wrote:
I'll do my best to put something together yeah! Should be a good chance to pit the two bikes against each other for a bit of a test. Just a bit of an effort recording stuff but I' will try. Cheers for the reply dude!

As a GS owner, I'd like to see the result of that. Those new Africa Twins look immense!
I'm sure someone will be along shortly to give you some advice about where to go in the peaks - I'm afraid I can only advise on the South Coast.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 10:35 pm 
650 cc Monster

Greetings,

I guess that it depends upon your skill set as many lanes are possible on such bikes. In the 70's & 80's I have ridden many of them on a Norton Commando but you do need some local knowledge of which to tackle and which to leave out.

Where are you going to stay when you come up? I have put a couple of routes on ViewRanger starting out from Castleton, you could down load one of them but a few lanes might need to be removed or ridden with care. I do not know your ability but I could try to modify a route for you.

TTFN

Hugh.

Post subject: Adventure bikes in the Peaks - where to go?
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 7:48 pm 
50 cc

I can't help with routes either but enjoy your videos. Not taking the CRF?

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ]