TRF Forums

It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 11:05 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Post subject: Re: My bikes too loud
PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 10:34 pm 
650 cc Monster

It will be fine on the lanes, they are a good 'bus' , went out with a tiny guy on one.... I couldn't even follow him... He was gone ! And I was on a 'lightweight' crf250x....

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 11:08 pm 
80 cc

:D

I'm a tiny guy too :p... only like 5ft 6 or something daft. The bike also weighs like more than 2 of me :P but it feels so light. Might not say that when I'm lifting her up though lol. ^^ Very much looking forward.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 1:55 pm 
80 cc

Ok I take it back... After the bike not ticking over today due to me leaving it in bloody Park too much and not realising, then spending about 20 mins trying to bump start it on my own (not enough traction)...my god... that was a right workout lol.

So my thoughts are sod doing that on those green lanes / trails... Purchased a kickstarter Kit for her. Bit more manly too :D

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 3:03 pm 
125cc

alliasjay wrote:
Ok I take it back... After the bike not ticking over today due to me leaving it in bloody Park too much and not realising, then spending about 20 mins trying to bump start it on my own (not enough traction)...my god... that was a right workout lol.

So my thoughts are sod doing that on those green lanes / trails... Purchased a kickstarter Kit for her. Bit more manly too :D

I converted a 400S for full green laning and loved it! Only just sold it and went over to the orange side, great bike just found it too heavy for the tricky stuff and the stock suspension struggled. I also toyed with getting a kick start but in the end never needed one, just got a good battery and made sure it's fully charged before every ride. Lots of great tips online to improve the DRZ for off road. I'm 5"9 12 stone, the best adjustments I made were setting the sag up properly, 22mm bar risers, lowered links for the back and drop forks 9mm through triple clamps. I found this help massively to stop the front end washing out and a great level of grip all round.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2015 8:49 pm 

5'9? How come you lowered the back? my mate about that height he finds his one fine with standard links? did you find it was to high?

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3