TRF Forums

It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:05 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 12 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: What should you expect from a heavy Duty inner tube?
PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 11:43 pm 
50 cc

Skunkyd wrote:
wysiwuguk wrote:
Hi All,

Just purchased a Heavy Duty inner tube and on delivery noticed it wasn't particularly thick, so out came the calipers and it measures 2.6mm meaning a single wall would be 1.3mm?

Now i,m in talks with the dealer (he says all his tubes measure 3.274mm.. which to me means about 1.6mm skin wall = Standard tube) Could really could do with some official statistics with regards what the standard is for inner tubes.

I know a heavy duty inner tube should 2 - 3mm, but i don't think my word is good enough, so if you have any links to official body's it would be appreciated.

also in the process of contacting iso.org to see if there are any specs.

Regards,

Rod

If the thickness of an inner tube is such a concern to you I have to question your motive or objective.

If you want to remove the chance of a puncture get a mousse. If you want something heavier than a mousse and heavier than a standard tube which will still puncture get a heavy duty inner tube.

Sod the legal arguments......do you always keep to the speed limit in your car?

YES i am always in side the speed limit and no i will not use a moose or tubliss because they don't seem to be legal on UK roads.

The problem is a dealer selling Heavy duty tubes that are MAX 1.6mm thick.. would you be happy paying Heavy duty prices for a standard tube?

Post subject: Re: CLOSED.. Won't ask again!
PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2015 7:51 pm 
200 cc

As I have said many times before when riders point out mousses are not road legal nor are heavy duty tubes many say on box not for highway use

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 12 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2