TRF Forums

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:54 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 
 Post subject: Shropshire big bike and beginners ride . August 15th
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 9:27 am 
200 cc

Hello all, just a quick note to say I'm organising another big bike and beginners ride in the Shropshire borders. Old friends are obviously very welcome but places are limited to 6 riders plus myself and priority will be given to beginners wanting to get some experience. The route will be suitable for raw beginners and also for big traillies on normal tyres.
The last time we did this we had a very good day out and I think everybody enjoyed themselves even though none of the riders could accurately be described as beginners!. There's no charge for the day, just stick a fiver in the TRF fighting fund next time you get an opportunity.

Any beginners who don't know me and want to get an idea of what a typical AdventureRide day out is like can see the reviews on our Facebook page or the website www.adventureride.co.uk
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Adventur ... ref=stream

If you want to book a place on the ride please email me at bob@adventureride.co.uk

Post subject: Re: Shropshire big bike and beginners ride . August 15th
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 8:03 pm 
200 cc

This is a great day out and Bob certainly knows those Shropshire lanes.

I was one of the previous ride 'beginners'.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 9:35 pm 
200 cc

Here's a couple of pics from the last ride... and that's Jimbob on the Beemer.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 12:07 am 
80 cc

how small can the engine be before it is no longer a big bike? or is the cut off on overall weght? i'm thinking dr650

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 2:39 pm 
200 cc

Hi Alcuin,
To me, a big bike is a 450! However, for the purposes of this discussion my interpretation of a big bike would be 600cc and above. I'll probably be riding my KTM 640 Adventure.
I'm happy to accommodate any TRF members who want to participate, regardless of what size bike or ability level they may have. The definition big bike and beginners is simply to make it clear this will be a soft, non-technical day, suitable for all.

I'm also organising a series of longer distance rides exclusively for Adventure style bikes, which I interpret as bikes of 600cc and above with decent size fuel tanks and a modicum of off road capability. These are commercial rides [ie , there is a charge for attending] If you want more details on these drop me a line.

Cheers, Bob

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 11:42 pm 
50 cc

Any plans to do another of these ? Just joined the trf and looking to find some lanes in shropshire. Thanks, Andy

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 12:33 am 
200 cc

Hi Andy,
I'll be organising another beginners ride for TRF members some time in the early spring, I try to do two or three free days per year for TRF members but due to my commercial trail riding activities I don't get too many days off at weekends to arrange rides.
There is an informal Shropshire TRF group who will almost certainly be going out sooner than that, in fact there's a ride going out this week but I'm fairly certain it's fully booked. Keep your eyes on the members section for news of forthcoming rides.
Bob
www.adventureride.co.uk

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 2:44 am 
50 cc

Cheers Bob, i managed to get my name down for this weekend so weather permitting i will be getting out on the bike. Cheers for the reply, hopefully catch you at some point in the future. Andy

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ]