TRF Forums

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:01 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Re: Stanstead byways - Kent MR200 and MR209
PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2015 10:27 pm 
650 cc Monster

KentWR wrote:

This all come about because KCC offered to look at recinding the order on the byway. They said they could only look at doing this once they had a copy of the order.

Now it can't be found so they were willing to look at it to see why it was made and what had changed clearly that can't be done if the order cannot be found.

I would be inclined to ask KCC where they have looked. This will give you an idea of where they haven't checked.

Technical Director

KTM 690 Enduro R

Husqvarna TE250 2014

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 10:29 pm 
80 cc

Has any one seen the order printed in the London Gazette? online or paper back!
There is a genuine order for SD73. Witch was printed in the London Gazette, around the alleged time of the order for MR200 + MR209.

https://www.thegazette.co.uk/London/iss ... /page/4411

A copy of the Order and a map showing the road
to which the Order relates may be inspected during
normal office hours at Room 274, County Hall,
Maidstone.

Maybe the answer could lie in the above address or modern equivalents.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 7:21 am 

That's not a copy of the order printed in the London gazette. It's a statement staying there was an order. The order to my knowledge has still not been found.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 5:07 pm 
650 cc Monster

KentWR wrote:

This all come about because KCC offered to look at recinding the order on the byway. They said they could only look at doing this once they had a copy of the order.

Now it can't be found so they were willing to look at it to see why it was made and what had changed clearly that can't be done if the order cannot be found.

Strikes me that the order has been conveniently "lost"so as not to find it………they should not be let off the hook and as John V says we should help them find it. Organisations such as KCC do not "lose" this type of paperwork by accident.

For individuals to use it and risk prosecution is for them to decide and not for the TRF to defend

Should it be found that KCC have deliberately lost the paperwork then maybe they will; need something more than an individual using it to focus their minds more closely. ;)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 7:56 pm 
80 cc

KentWR wrote:
That's not a copy of the order printed in the London gazette. It's a statement staying there was an order. The order to my knowledge has still not been found.

That's exactly my point. I have put around 40 hours of research into the 2x lanes, mainly MR200 as I have walked this, and found nothing! Only the say so of one land owner next to the byway, and the say so of KCC, who are known for illegal byway signage.
We need to look at the FACTS as a courtroom would. Its 100% in are favour. This lane is worth saving.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 4:32 pm 

This lane is still where it was at the start of this thread. I just don't know where to go with it?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 9:55 pm 
80 cc

Maybe its just me, the research l have done on the lanes in question has turned up nothing.
I can find NO legal document to say there ever was a legitimate TRO. We know there was a public enquiry during the 60s, but NO evidence of the proposed TRO being granted. I believe that the TRO was never granted, hence why no paper trail can be found!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 10:39 pm 

pezr46 wrote:
Maybe its just me, the research l have done on the lanes in question has turned up nothing.
I can find NO legal document to say there ever was a legitimate TRO. We know there was a public enquiry during the 60s, but NO evidence of the proposed TRO being granted. I believe that the TRO was never granted, hence why no paper trail can be found!

Indeed. A lot of elements of doubt surround this TRO. I heard it was only meant to be for 3 years also. Clearly that has long passed. Do you ride the lanes around the local area?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 10:11 pm 
80 cc

I do not know what direction this lane is going? I was lucky enough to bump into are local PCSO, who patrols kents byways, ive asked her if she knew of a TRO on the 2x lanes or if she had patrolled them in the past.
She replied, i have never been asked to patrol MR200+MR209, and was unaware of a current TRO.
She also mentioned that the signs MUST be in a good state of repair with no damage & readable condition to validate a TRO.
Hope the link works but the signs are very poor.

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@51.34797 ... 312!8i6656

I believe that KCC has not updated the sighs due to the fact there is not legitimate TRO's, and that they know without the current order, new signage is illegal.
I have found some small info from Stansted parish council, research that now.

Yes, i ride the lanes around the area. (my local run) Have to confess, i miss out some of the smaller lanes as they are off rough.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 7:48 pm 

I would like some advice on where to go with this? I have been through the local group but they are waiting for the outcome of a public inquiry into a byway. I don't want to wait on this I think it needs to be taken forward.

I am happy to take this on but really need some help on it. If no order exists then this is a pressing matter. Surely a new order would have to be made. But based on what? The 1960's when it was closed? and the permit system didn't exist?

I'll do all the writing and whatever needs to be done but...

SOMEONE HELP ME PLEASE!!!! I am on the floor here...

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next