TRF Forums

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:57 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
 Post subject: Buckinghamshire
PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 10:24 am 
Morning, I am considering a move to the South Bucks area . Having looked at the O/S maps there appear to be very few byways.

Is there a TRF group local?
Are there many routes locally??

Post subject: Re: Buckinghamshire
PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 12:20 pm 
125cc

Hi Aceboy,

your nearest groups would be Hertfordshire or Lodden Vale. However, many riders find it easier to organise rides over the internet.

South Buckinghamshire is a very sensitive area. its full of anti-vehicule people. The TRF has a number of claims in progress in the area and they always go to public enquiry. Even when they're awared vehicular status, the loca authority delay in making the order, then put TROs on.

If you look at the situation from another perspective, then its understandable. Take a look at the OS map around Amsersham. Its heavily built up and there are many roads. If you want to take a horse out, you're going to find it difficult to avoid the traffic.

There are nicer, cheaper places to live.

Polly

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 6:34 pm 
Thanks, I hear what you are saying, trouble is that the part of south Bucks we are looking at tick the getting to work boxes, public transport boxes, and nice places in general boxes.....

Ah well looks like I will still be needed the trusty trailer

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 4:15 pm 
80 cc

Its not too bad round here mate.
Although theres not much in the imediate area youre halfway between the hertfordshire routes (which you know) and the Barkshire downs (which Ive just found) both ride to`able.
I will be doing more trail rides later in the year when the enduro season slows down.
Where abouts are you thinking of moveing to :?:
Steveo

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 12:37 pm 
Hey Stevo, we have just started lookat at areas, so far we have looked at Berko, Beaconsfiled, The Chalfonts....etc

It will be 12 months before we are ready to jump, that is providing we are still working !!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 10:16 pm 
50 cc

Hi Aceboy
Think you replied to my post when I first joined,couple of months ago.
I`m in High Wycombe,defenitely short of trails in the imediate area
Have managed to find a few byeways,lots of small lanes though,some in realy bad state! :D
Don`t get much free time(young kids)so always looking to find something very local when I manadge to sneek out for an hour or two
I have a pretty good Knoledge of local roads and would welcome some riding company.
Give me a shout when your down this way.
jonathan.pearce97@ntlworld.com
Cheers
Jon

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 9:59 pm 
Hey Jon, I will take you up on that :)

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ]