TRF Forums

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:20 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 13 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: MCC Exeter Trial 2015
PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 7:13 pm 
125cc

2015 MCC Exeter Trial

The MCC Exeter Trial originated on Boxing Day 1910. This years' event takes place on Friday 9th and Saturday 10th January 2015, starting from Cirencester, Popham and Stourton Cross at around 19.00 on Friday evening and finishing on Saturday afternoon in Torquay.

There are 102 competitors on motorcycles and 160 in cars plus 60 on the 'easier' O route.

If any TRF member wants to check out the action then I can suggest visiting Haynes Motor Museum around midnight when the competitors have their first stop and their first special test. Its a chance to chat to the riders and check out the wide range of machinery.

The first hill section 'Classic Canes' opens at 01.00 on Saturday morning at MR 193/404104.

Further information is available from the motorcyclingclub website.

Post subject: Re: MCC Exeter Trial 2015
PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2014 12:19 am 
200 cc

Any trf members taking part?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2014 6:34 pm 
125cc

Barbara

I think there are two at least from your Group and two from the Wiltshire Group. Would be good if TRF members who are competing could identify themselves and maybe write up their experiences.

These three Classic MCC Trials are little known gems and ideally suited to TRF members seeking a UK challenge.

Sadly I'm not entered for the Exeter but will be back for the Lands End at Easter.

regards

Keith Johnston
Treasurer Wiltshire Group and MCC Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2014 6:39 pm 
There's normally a few TRF members involved be it competing/marshalling or just willing people up the hills as spectators.

I'll be at Simms Hill as usual, some of you will know it well and not just because of the pasties and chocolate cake available at the tea wagon on the day ;)

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2014 8:16 pm 
200 cc

KEITH55 wrote:
Barbara

I think there are two at least from your Group and two from the Wiltshire Group. Would be good if TRF members who are competing could identify themselves and maybe write up their experiences.

These three Classic MCC Trials are little known gems and ideally suited to TRF members seeking a UK challenge.

Sadly I'm not entered for the Exeter but will be back for the Lands End at Easter.

regards

Keith Johnston
Treasurer Wiltshire Group and MCC Member

The two from cambridgeshire group are my partner Andrew and our son Amos :D

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 4:14 pm 
125cc

Barbara

Best wishes to Andrew and Amos. Simms is my absolute favourite hill on the Exeter.

Keith Johnston
Treasurer, Wiltshire Group

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2014 6:24 pm 
80 cc

Hello Barbara. I do the MCC trials every year and have a TRF sticker on my bike. If anybody spots a bike with a TRF sticker, come and introduce yourselves. I'll be looking out for other bikes with TRF stickers on as well :P .

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2014 8:23 am 
200 cc

snaf wrote:
I'll be at Simms Hill as usual, some of you will know it well and not just because of the pasties and chocolate cake available at the tea wagon on the day ;)

Not sure I will risk standing in the same place on Simms hill again. My nose is still sore.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2014 11:23 pm 
125cc

Greg Villalobos is pulling together a promotional piece for the TRF website on the Exeter trial featuring Andrew and Amos. The purpose is to introduce MCC trials to TRF members and raise the level of awareness.

I know from Greg that he is planning to include interviews before, during and after the event linked to photos and possibly video.

Am sure Greg would appreciate any additional photos/videos/material from TRF members either participating as competitors or officials and from spectators.

Also, Celia Walton, Editor of Triple, the MCC quarterly magazine has reminded me that she always welcomes articles and reports for inclusion in Triple.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 5:12 pm 
80 cc

Keith,
Trust our old Cotton still going strong ?
Richard

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 13 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next