TRF Forums
http://www.trf.org.uk/forum/

Peak District Lane Closures
http://www.trf.org.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=99&t=7046
Page 1 of 1

Author:  PJT [ Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:50 pm ]
Post subject:  Peak District Lane Closures

As many of you will know the PDNPA are planning to consult on the subject of closing initially 2 lanes within the Peak District.
Mike Irving is organising activity within the PDNPA to bring attention which many of our members will be supporting.

For those of you who are unable to join in the planned day of action there is something else you can do from the comfort of your computer, and that is write to the various people who can influence decisions.

Prior to the formal consultation process e-mail questions (not comments) to the members of the Audit and Resources Committee and the officers of the PDNPA, e-mail addresses will be listed below.
Write to the Secretary of State responsible for National Parks, Caroline Spelman
Write to the Under-Secretary of State who leads on National Parks, Richard Benyon
Write to your own MP

As the saying goes there is more than one way to skin a cat so every route of action can help.
If you can think of any other ways that we can get the PDNPA to see reason please put your ideas here.

Just remember that there are 15 National Parks, of which the remainder of the 13 in England and Wales could, if the current proposals are not stopped, follow in the footstep of what has already happened in Yorkshire and is now happening in the Peak District.

“All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men (and women) do nothing”

Members of PDNPA Audit, Resources and Performance Committee.

tony.favell@peakdistrict.gov.uk
geoff.nickolds@peakdistrict.gov.uk
christopher.pennell@peakdistrict.gov.uk
garry.purdy@derbyshire.gov.uk
frances.beatty@peakdistrict.gov.uk
barbara.beeley@peakdistrict.gov.uk
godfrey.claff@peakdistrict.gov.uk
roger.clarke@peakdistrict.gov.uk
chris.furness@peakdistrict.gov.uk
peter.harrison@peakdistrict.gov.uk
gill.heath@peakdistrict.gov.uk
robert.helliwell@peakdistrict.gov.uk
john.herbert@peakdistrict.gov.uk
andrew.mcCloy@peakdistrict.gov.uk
lesley.roberts@peakdistrict.gov.uk
nicola.turner@peakdistrict.gov.uk
judith.twigg@peakdistrict.gov.uk

PDNPA Officers

jim.dixon@peakdistrict.gov.uk
sean.prendergast@peakdistrict.gov.uk
mike.rhodes@peakdistrict.gov.uk
sue.smith@peakdistrict.gov.uk

DEFRA

ps.caroline.spelman@defra.gsi.gov.uk replaced by Owen Paterson
ps.owen.paterson@defra.gsi.gov.uk
ps.richard.benyon@defra.gsi.gov.uk

This is the link you need to find your own MP
http://findyourmp.parliament.uk/

Author:  AlanH [ Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:41 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Peak District Lane Closures

Just to remind members of recent closures:

18th Oct. 2010 - 10 Byway claims were closed.

17th Jan. 2011 - 17 Byway claims were closed.

So 27 lanes are now closed to vehicles.

Every members assistance is needed to help stop more lanes being closed.

Author:  back off road [ Sun Aug 19, 2012 10:33 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Peak District Lane Closures

and if vthey get their own way its only the thin end of the wedge :x

Author:  bxb [ Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:10 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Peak District Lane Closures

I got the following response:

Quote:
I thank you for your interest in these matters, which doubtless has arisen
from requests by the TRF to inundate members of the ARP committee with many
different questions following our decision recently to go out to public
consultation on draft TRO proposals in respect of Long Causeway and The
Roych. It would be too onerous and repetitive for members to answer your
questions, but I do assure you that we will be interested in hearing your
views in response to our consultation when it is shortly launched. In the
meantime members wish to maintain open minds until further evidence is put
before them. I encourage you and fellow campaigners, who clearly feel
strongly about these matters, to take full advantage of the public
consultation.

Author:  mike Irving [ Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:24 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Peak District Lane Closures

bxb wrote:
I got the following response:

Quote:
I thank you for your interest in these matters, which doubtless has arisen
from requests by the TRF to inundate members of the ARP committee with many
different questions following our decision recently to go out to public
consultation on draft TRO proposals in respect of Long Causeway and The
Roych. It would be too onerous and repetitive for members to answer your
questions, but I do assure you that we will be interested in hearing your
views in response to our consultation when it is shortly launched. In the
meantime members wish to maintain open minds until further evidence is put
before them. I encourage you and fellow campaigners, who clearly feel
strongly about these matters, to take full advantage of the public
consultation.



can i ask from whom did you get this reply from

Author:  bxb [ Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:46 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Peak District Lane Closures

Hi Mike,
yes of course, I got it from a couple of recipients, they've obviously colluded ;-)

"Christopher Pennell" <christopher.pennell@uwclub.net>
GD NICKOLDS <geoffnickolds@btinternet.com> (variation on a theme)

John Herbet responded
Quote:
Thank you for your questions. You and some others have been sending the same request to me, and I see other members. I am no longer on this committee but I recall seeing a response from our Chair of Audit Resource and Performance to a similar email. I have nothing further to add to that except to urge you and others to take full opportunity of the forthcoming consultation process to make comments on the specific proposals for the two routes. Such comment will be welcomed and fully considered from all. I have sent the same response to others whom I see from my inbox have sent similar emails. Please spread the word that all comment will be welcomed and sought at the appropriate time.
Many thanks for your email


and Cllr Nicola Turner answered my questions, which were
Code:
Hello,

I have a few questions (not comments) regarding recreation, amenity & rights of way in the peak district national park please:

1. Can you confirm whether or not you are (or ever have been) a member of an

organisation or pressure group whose interests have been related to

the Peak District National Park or any other National Parks please?

2. If you are or have been a member of such organisation would you please

confirm:

a) The name of the organisation

b) The date you joined the organisation

c) If your membership is not current the date you left the

organisation

3. Part of the National Park Management Plan states,

"Accessible and diverse recreational opportunities will be available

for all."

What is your understanding of the word "all" in this context? Does it involve a sub-set of the generally accepted use of the word "all"?

4. What is your understanding of the terms Amenity and Natural Beauty

as used at the Audit, Resources and Performance Committee meeting on

20th July 2012?

5. Did you attend the site visit to Longcauseway prior to the Audit, Resources and Performance Committee meeting on 20th July 2012?

6. What if any was the loss of Amenity and Natural Beauty noticed in any encounters with MPV during your site visit?

7. Did you attend the site visit to Roych Clough prior to the Audit, Resources and Performance Committee meeting on 20th July 2012?

8. What if any was the loss of Amenity and Natural Beauty noticed in any encounters with MPV during your site visit?

Many thanks for your time with my questions (not comments).

Like this:
    1.No I haven't been a member of a pressure group whose interests are related to any National Parks.
    2.N/A
    3.All means everyone
    4.I refer you to the Officer report
    5.Yes
    6.The route was unuseable for some groups including riders, elderly, disabled and others
    7.Yes
    8.As in six

Author:  PJT [ Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:27 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Peak District Lane Closures

The recent cabinet Shuffle has resulted in Caroline Spelman being replaced by Owen Paterson so suggest if you have e-mailed caroline Spelman then also send the e-mail to Owen Paterson
ps.owen.paterson@defra.gsi.gov.uk

Richard Benyon appears to have kept his position

Author:  Tony Ferrari [ Sun Jul 20, 2014 7:20 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Peak District Lane Closures

Please note that the Trailwise entry has been updated for Stanage Edge (the Long Causeway BOAT) SK2484-01.

Note:
Mainly of interest to motorcyclists, the DCC 'complete closure' TRO, while they do the current resurfacing on Long Causeway, is only from 0700 to 1700 Monday to Friday, and 0700 to 1200 on Saturday.

This means that those who fit within the current full-time 1.5 metre width limit can use the route after 1700 (5.00pm) on any day, Saturday afternoon, and all day Sundays. This TRO is dated to end 29th August, but might end sooner if the works complete early.

Once this TRO has ended, it is likely that the restriction will revert to a full-time 1.5 m width limit for a further temporary period to avoid damage to the revetment wall.

PDNPA are planning a full time permanent TRO to exclude all MPVs “to preserve natural beauty”, but this has not yet commenced.


Additional observations from a GLASS member yesterday:

“Having walked from Dennis Knoll to Stanage Pole and back:
If you want a bit of a riding challenge, go somewhere else, because the surface is smooth, Smooth, SMOOTH.

Author:  GT-0161 [ Mon Jul 21, 2014 1:28 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Peak District Lane Closures

Piss take same story with roych make it nice and smooth for those lovely walkers its all a con and plan you cannot win with these posh rich people coz thats all they are in my eyes snobs. Backhanders and back scratchers is all they are
Biased bunch of horrible people sorry i have a way with words but there you go!

Same story with to protect the natural beauty blah blah sssi blah blah and noise blah blah total piss take!


Xt660x 04

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/