TRF Forums

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:49 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: Increasing awareness - forum subscriptions
PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 6:27 am 
300 cc

First off I am new to the TRF and trail riding, so if what I am about to say is known and obvious or has been covered elsewhere that i haven't seen, apologies...

As I read old forum topics a common exchange I see repeated is; We the membership often do too little too late to object to attempts to curtail legitimate use of PROWs, countered by the membership is generally made aware too late of the need to act. I am paraphrasing heavily but hopefully you recognize that debate.

It strikes me we have the tools right here on the forum already that can help:

Once logged in, we can all subscribe to a topic or sub-forum so that we will receive an automated email every time a topic gets added to or a new topic gets created in a sub-forum. There is a subscribe link in top left (circled above) that turn subscription on and off.

I would suggest anyone who is willing to be active in supporting the few who already do fight for sustaining our rights, do two things:

1) Make sure your preferences in the user control panel are set so you receive email notification, and your email is one you check / use regularly.

2) You subscribe to a few key topics and sub-forums, typically your local area sub-forum, the Index of current proposed TROs topic & Proposed TROs sub-forum. Also the Members RoW talk and Current Issues sub-forum in the members area.

While it won't address every problem, and I appreciate not every member uses the forum and many local groups have their own forums. Taking a few minutes to set this up will allow the tools we have to be more effective in mobilizing a response when required.

AK - CAMBS TRF
CCM404E

Post subject: Re: Increasing awareness - forum subscriptions
PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 10:12 am 
80 cc

Good post, thanks :)

Post subject: Re: Increasing awareness - forum subscriptions
PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:05 am 
80 cc

+1 ^^^

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]