TRF Forums

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:37 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
 Post subject: Craig Bounds Dakar - can you help?
PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 11:43 am 
125cc

Guys

Some of you may know of Dakar rider Craig Bounds or recently met him on the Adventure Spec / TBM stand at the Dirt Bike Show.

Craig is currently having a sponsorship nightmare with one of his sponsors pulling out due to the economic climate. Bottom line is Craig needs to find £10k to get to the start line.

In last year’s Dakar he had a sternum issue and simply rode to get the finish – still achieving an excellent result. This year he is fully fit and is mounting a full spec factory 690 KTM. I understand that the first 20 finishers last year are on reduced powered bike this year so Craig could be very competitive on his machine.

So far he and his other sponsors have shelled out around £30k excluding the bike so it would be a real shame if he couldn’t get there and have a real crack at a good result.

I’ll never get to be as quick as Craig – as anyone who has ridden with me can testify :) but it would be really good to see him fulfil his potential and get his sponsorship.

If you or anyone you know may be able to help please contact Craig through the email or mobile number below.

craigbounds{at}hotmail.co.uk or 07974 963350

(Remove the {at} and replace with @)

Cheers

Andy - on request of Don Oakley - TRF Vice Chair and number 15 at the Hafren

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ]