TRF Forums

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:41 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: The Icknield Way (My first green lane experience).
PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:58 pm 
80 cc

Had a great day yesterday (Tuesday) weather was about 17 lucky enough to have a day off. I started my ride out from Barkway in Hertfordshire which ends at Reed nr the A10 rd. from Buntingford to Royston. I then rode on the A10 towards Melbourn just before the garden centre is a left turn onto the Icknield way (Byway). Followed this green lane through Ashwell staying on the track all the way to Baldock. Fantastic ride only met two walkers. Tried to find the rd. that goes from Baldock (apparently nr a bridge) towards hunstanton! couldn’t find it so came all the way back the same way then through reed to Barkway. Brilliant. Down side was only the lack of Byway sign's posts that I think have been removed (is this normal?) Did panic once when my XT660 got bogged down.

Happy days....Can't wait for the next time... :D

Post subject: Re: The Icknield Way (My first green lane experience).
PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:04 pm 

Well shared, enjoy your grin :)

WR400F..Gone for a song.
CRF250L now on the lanes.
Novice off roader for years

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:58 pm 
200 cc

hi there,
are you sure you were on "the Icknield way?"i think you were on ASHWELL ST, did you go under a railway bridge at the start and past the paintball centre.
give me a call if your local i went out with some guys from Saffron Walden the other day and they showed me some fantastic rides around here.
ps i live in Royston

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:14 am 
200 cc

It is called the Harcamlow Way

Honda MT50/C90 Hybrid supermotopedracer
1997 Honda XL600V
1962 Vespa VBB

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:46 pm 
125cc

hogdiver wrote:
hi there,
are you sure you were on "the Icknield way?"i think you were on ASHWELL ST, did you go under a railway bridge at the start and past the paintball centre.
give me a call if your local i went out with some guys from Saffron Walden the other day and they showed me some fantastic rides around here.
ps i live in Royston

hi i live in newmarket and i am always looking for new tracks if you are up for it any sunday vraptor@ntlworld.com i like doing the icknield way in norfolk

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:17 pm 
200 cc

vraptor wrote:
hogdiver wrote:
hi there,
ps i live in Royston

hi i live in newmarket and i am always looking for new tracks if you are up for it any sunday vraptor@ntlworld.com i like doing the icknield way in norfolk

Sounds good. i was shown some cracking lanes nr steeple Bumpstead which is not far from you , could meet poss in NEWPORT and try and do the newport loop if i can remember it.
Im away this weekend but will contact you when i get back

Attachments:
IMG_1876.jpg
IMG_1876.jpg [ 73.98 KiB | Viewed 12308 times ]
IMG_1869.jpg
IMG_1869.jpg [ 85 KiB | Viewed 12307 times ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ]