TRF Forums

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:20 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 14 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: DRZ400 S/SM...Which one?
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:37 pm 
80 cc

So I'm back, 2 weeks after getting the wr450 delivered its been plagued with problems. Been back to the garage once and Thursday its going back for good.

So I'm going back to looking for a drz. Still looking at a sm model. But what I want to know with fitting some s/e wheels. Is it just a case of buying the wheels and fitting a sm front disc or calliper bracket to run a smaller disc? Is there anything else needed to fit the wheels?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:09 pm 
200 cc

so what was wrong with it?? do tell so i can learn something

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:04 pm 
80 cc

I'm not entirely sure, when I test rode the bike it was fine, started and stopped the engine 4 or 5 times throughout the viewing and test ride.

Bike was delivered the next day, took it for a ride when it arrived, next day took it out for another ride, done about 20 miles and then the bike popped and cut out. Had to push it to my mates work where I just left it for a while before it would start and only started on the kick.

Cut out again on the way home, same process of waiting. Once I got it home I noticed it was starting to leak oil and it was emptying out the float bowl of fuel all over the floor. So I called the garage and they came and picked it up, they re built the carb, fitted a new battery, spark plug and replaced a couple of oil seals. When I picked the bike back up it started fine, idled better than before and road nicer, job done i thought. That day I rode it home about 50 miles, kept my speed down and had a few breaks at which it started up a treat. Since then its started again, just spins on the button and kick just turns and nothing, not even acough or splutter.

So called the garage back, they sad they'll pick it up today and refund my money. Whilst its. Been waiting in my garage it's yet again leaked oil and fuel all over the floor.

So for the reason of it not starting I don't actually know and it seems he garage doesn't want to sort it, so will probably just sell it on to someone else, just making sure its warm before they come to view it.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:54 pm 
80 cc

I finally swapped over from SM to Dirt. Here is a brief article I made about it.

http://osbikers.net/ukbiker/?p=602

Here is a video of my first go at the SM off road with Dirt tyres.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cl4N0x2ZL30

I have the same size brake disc on the Dirt wheels so no need to mess with the calliper. The only problem is the front brake is a bit good for the dirt. You get used to it though.

YouTube Music Website Facebook Wheelies

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 14 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2